Email app --that leaves messages on server?

butsie

Nov 11, 2012
Greetings,

I have been reading up on all the various email apps for my asus android tablet (TF 700), but havent found any yet that allows me to leave my email messages on the main server so that I can continue to access them from any computer. (My work requires me to be in many locations and I can always bring my tablet). I have TONS of emails on the server and would like to be notified of new messages and read them. :confused:

Thanks,

Butsie

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I have tried quite a few mail clients and have yet to find one that did not allow you to leave mail on the server. My guess is that you just didn't see that ability in the description since it's pretty standard. If you set your mail up as IMAP it will leave the mail by default. The mail client that came with your TF will do that along with a couple others you may want to try. MailDroid, K-9 Mail

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
If you have the option, use an IMAP server. This way all of your devices sync to the server instead of downloading like a POP3 account.

I use Kaiten and for a pop3 account and it leaves my mail on the server.

butsie

Nov 11, 2012
Thanks guys for the info. I really appreciate it. I didnt realize that the stock email app supported IMAP. Actually, I dont know if my bellsouth.net account supports it either because it was AT&T was bought out by yahoo. Do you know if yahoo email supports IMAP or only POP?

Butsie