Email Folders

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
Hi. When I make new folders in my email. They don't keep the emails I put in there.-I open up one of the folders say in a week and their empty , this is in my tablet Samsung 4 galaxy. If I open my browser and go to outlook.com that way. Then I go to the folders all the emails I put in them are there. I don't know why the tablet is not allowing these folders to keep my emails. Can you help. Thankyou Pat

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Is your mail set up as IMAP? If so, everything you do should be mirrored on Outlook.com.

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
Everything I do on my tablet in email is showing when I go through my browser to outlook.com. All the new folders are there and their contents. But if I open my tablet where my email is already signed in. The folders are there but empty. Not one has been saved in any of the folders. At first when I put an saved email in a folder it goes there. But after a few days they are empty. IMAP. Where do I find that? I went into settings. I only see SSL.
When I delete something it doesn't go to the trash. Where would they be going?
THANKYOU PAT

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If I remember correctly you have had issues with mail on your tablet in the past. If you're using the default mail app maybe it's time to make a change. IMAP would sync the mail in both directions and your server settings would indicate that you were IMAP or POP. Whichever one of those is how the inbound mail server starts is the one you are using. POP does not sync at all. It only gets mail then does whatever you want it to do locally, only, no sync.