email inbox

kevanrasell

May 14, 2012
since updating to 4.0.3 this week my emails in the inbox simply vanish...also the key strokes are accompanied by the "typing" noise and vibration even those settings are disabled. any advice?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to both of you!

First, on the email - what type of account are they? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, etc.? I would guess POP3.

Second question - are there other devices checking the same account?

Third question - What app are you using?

For the keyboard clicking, check in the virtual keyboard settings for that keyboard and see if there is haptic feedback turned on.

GSH

May 14, 2012
Thanks for responding Frederuco
In my case:
1 POP3
2 Yes, I use an Acer laptop (mostly because of the email problem with the Archos Arnova 10g2)
3 The app is the email one which came with the tablet & described as version 2.3

Great if you can help..

Graham

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
One thing that could be happening is that the Acer is set to remove messages from the server. If this is the case, when the Acer is on the emails will get dumped to the Acer and never to the tablet.

I would highly recommend checking with your Email provider and checking to see if you can do IMAP servers instead of POP3. IMAP syncs each device with the server rather than each device downloading all the emails. With POP3 if you have each device leave it on the server, your inbox can get full and you have duplicates on each device that you have to archive/delete one at a time.

If that is not possible, make sure your laptop is set to leave it on the server. Then I would try removing and adding the account back on your tablet and seeing if that helps (and make sure the tablet is set not to delete emails as well).