Email Reply To

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
I'm using the stock email App but does not seem to have capability for a Reply To address.

Basically I have a email account [email protected] but to ease pains of moving ISPs I have my own domain that forwards emails to it ([email protected]). But when I send emails from the tab it shows is from my 'real' account.

Am I missing something or can someone recommend another email app?

Last edited:

Hawkins

Sep 14, 2012
I'm using the stock email App but does not seem to have capability for a Reply To address.

Basically I have a email account [email protected] but to ease pains of moving ISPs I have my own domain that forwards emails to it ([email protected]). But when I send emails from the tab it shows is from my 'real' account.

Am I missing something or can someone recommend another email app?

I am having the same problem. I need to set the reply-to attribute. Any suggestions?

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
I finally manage to find a solution to this

Basically you Add a new account with your allias email address and your real ISP password.

Automatic set up will fail at which time you enter your real ISP Usename and Incoming/Outgoing server details.

Works great!

Hope helps someone.

Graywallis

Jan 21, 2016
The solution above works a treat. There are lots of guys and gals out there still looking for it though.

john constable

Oct 26, 2018
The solution above works a treat. There are lots of guys and gals out there still looking for it though.
This is what i need but i'm scared to do it because imap seems to delete anything you remove from one device across all devices. I'm scared that if i delete my account on my phone it'll ripple through and all my mail will disappear from everywhere.

pbiss

Oct 27, 2018
This is what i need but i'm scared to do it because imap seems to delete anything you remove from one device across all devices. I'm scared that if i delete my account on my phone it'll ripple through and all my mail will disappear from everywhere.

And you may well be right!
IMAP leaves all mail on the server, it just reads it, i.e. the client gets a temporary copy. That makes it the ideal platform for Web-based mail. No e-mail messages are transferred permanently to your client device.
With POP3, you have the choice of leaving mail on the server or deleting it from the server once you've downloaded a copy to your mail reader client. This requires a mail reading/composing client such as Outlook, Thunderbird or Pegasus to collect mail from / send mail to the sorting office, i.e. the mail server, .

If, in the course of what you are trying to do, you delete mail when using IMAP, you delete it from the server.