Email uninstall

hiflyer9

Dec 31, 2011
I installed the email app from the android app store on my A500. Shortly afterwards, I found the preinstalled Gmail app and found it it be nearly identical. Now that I want to uninstall the the first one, they seem to be tied together and I can't uninstall it. I don't want both so how do I get rid of it?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Please be specific as to the package you installed. A Market link would be nice.

There are two email apps that come with the tablet.
1) Gmail
2) EMail

Both of the above are standard pieces of Andorid and can't be uninstalled.

When you go to settings / applications / manage applications, these two will show up only if you tap the ALL column.

Any third party apps you installed will show up in the Downloaded column, and you can delete these
from there.

For Gmail, you want to sign in with your computer and make sure you set your Gmail Settings to disable POP3 and ENABLE Imap.
Then the Gmail app that came with the Acer is the best bet, it handles Gmail better than most other simple Email apps.
(There is K-9 Mail in the market, and while it is powerful, its also somewhat more complex to set up).

hiflyer9

Dec 31, 2011
It appears that the Email app I was referring to is in fact the preinstalled one. I thought I had gotten it from the market. So, I have just deleted the account from Email and now there seems to nolonger be any interaction with Gmail. Thanks for the reply. It's nice to know that there is a place to go where some one will answer!