Email Whooosh!

Dart

May 2, 2011
I miss only one thing from my ipad. The whooshing sound my email made when I sent an email on its way. That is so COOL!:cool:

Anyone know if there is a way to get that on the ACER A500? Or did Apple somehow patent/copyright that sound?

Dart

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I miss the email app on my iPad when using my Iconia. I don't like the default Android mail app.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I miss only one thing from my ipad. The whooshing sound my email made when I sent an email on its way. That is so COOL!:cool:

Anyone know if there is a way to get that on the ACER A500? Or did Apple somehow patent/copyright that sound?

Dart

There are a bunch of different mail apps in the market but I haven't seen any that make noise outgoing. K-9 is generally considered to be the best all around email application for android, but there are dozens to choose from. K-9 has out going notifications but they are just status bar indicators, not sounds. You can put in a request for sounds on their wiki page. (if you don't mind being laughed at).

The default is merely a minimalist application, intentionally, and it's open source., because google wanted to encourage devs to come up with their own solution.

Most devs have shied away from childish things like outgoing sounds preferring to just make it work so that you don't need everyone else in the room knowing that you just sent an email.

But there is bound to be an app that makes sounds outgoing although not Apple's patented whoosh.

Last edited:

Dart

May 2, 2011
Thanks. I guess I can just make the whooshing sound myself. I'll have to time it just right of course, and try not to toss much spittle on anyone else in the room.
You know, some times it is these small little joys that bring meaning to life, eh?

I will try K-9 though.

Peace.