Ematic E-GLIDE Android Mobile Internet

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
Dear kyres, Hi....I do not see the Huawei E160 on your list. Accrdoing to the spcs it supports the following specs: It support 850 MHZ for HSDPA/UMTS and GSM/GPRS/EDGE and WCDMA for use in he USA. Do you have any information or data on this 3g USB modem? Thanks, paulwayne.

Huawei E160 Modem Specifications:

HSDPA/UMTS (850/1900/2100 MHz)
GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
Support 3.6 Mbps HSDPA services
Micro SD Card Slot
Support PC voice (optional) and SMS services
Support data statistics
Receive diversity (850/1900/2100MHz)
Plug & Play

Support Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista​

kyres

Feb 28, 2011
Paul that is not my list, it was posted here on the forum, I do not think you will get something to work on the tablet soon, the eGlide is still to generic and a lot testing of devices needs to be done to see which one works.

kyres

Feb 28, 2011
Anybody has already a perfect working ROM with Android 2.2 or 2.3 working on the eGlide?

RvL1978

May 14, 2011
For those that have tried Android 2.2 or 2.3 on the eGlide, do you know if DRM ebooks work with those versions of Android? The main reason I got the eGlide was to use it as an e-reader but with the original version of Android on it I couldn't get Kindle reader app or the Nook reader app to read DRM books.

LegionODoom

Jun 15, 2011
My son bought this eGlide because in addition to playing around on it and browsing the Web, he wanted to use it as an eReader. Unfortunately, it doesn't read DRM. Would an upgrade to Android 2.2 or 2.3 (you know, if it were possible) help with that? Anyone know if/when an upgrade will happen?

Sunigirl

Feb 19, 2011
Hi!I recommend downloading Calibre and installing the Kindle plug-ins. This will allow you to strip the drm from your kindle books and convert it to a format for the eGlide. I mostly read on my Kindle, but when using my eGlide I use Calibre to simultaneously remove drm and convert to epub, a format compatible with MoonReader Pro found on the market. Let me know if you decide to try this and need further help.

Sunigirl

Feb 19, 2011
Sorry I didn't give more details...I was responding from my phone and am not very proficient at texting. :confused: Hopefully I will do a better job here on my computer! So, to answer your questions...

Yes, you do install Calibre on your pc/mac in order to remove the DRM and then you can easily convert as necessary to almost any format you require. Please note: if you are able to read the book on your pc or Kindle/Nook/etc., this will work. It will not allow you to remove DRM from a protected file that doesn't belong to you.

For detailed information and instructions, I recommend reading the following before starting--it should answer any questions you may have.

Ebook Formats, DRM and You

Just in case, here is the link to the program (calibre - E-book management) as well as the additional tool package (Download tools v4.0.zip).

As for reading on the eGlide, there are several free ebook readers on the market, but as I mentioned, I really like MoonReader Pro. There is a free version that works just fine...I just like all the bells and whistles for the reading on my Droid X and eGlide.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help and don't forget to click the "Thanks" button if I helped. :)

kami

Jun 22, 2011
This is a great ROM.
Thank you.
The only problem that I have is that MY 3g usb dongle does not work now. It worked under 2.1.
Do you have any workaround for that?
Thank you

Sunigirl

Feb 19, 2011
In order to help you at all I'd need to know which ROM you flashed and what android tablet are you using.

That being said, the two ROMs I posted are simply the original and rooted version of the original eGlide Android 2.1 tablet. I didn't make any other changes except for adding a couple free apps that I use on the rooted version.

I didn't change any of the system applications except for adding su and superuser (root). I also don't use a 3G usb dongle, so I won't be much help with that.

Sorry,

Sunigirl

This is a great ROM.
Thank you.
The only problem that I have is that MY 3g usb dongle does not work now. It worked under 2.1.
Do you have any workaround for that?
Thank you

kami

Jun 22, 2011
Thank you very much for your quick reply.

This is the ROM that I flashed my tablet with. You had posted it a while back.

apad710_froyo_v3.img

It works like a charm. Now I have android 2.2.1 on my Tablet which works much faster than android 2.1. Everything works except the 3g and I am wondering if you know of a workaround. I thank you very much.

I have a Gmatic eglide tablet (JR.com: Ematic E-GLIDE Android Mobile Internet Tablet in Portable Tablet PCs)

Thanks again.

In order to help you at all I'd need to know which ROM you flashed and what android tablet are you using.

That being said, the two ROMs I posted are simply the original and rooted version of the original eGlide Android 2.1 tablet. I didn't make any other changes except for adding a couple free apps that I use on the rooted version.

I didn't change any of the system applications except for adding su and superuser (root). I also don't use a 3G usb dongle, so I won't be much help with that.

Sorry,

Sunigirl

Sunigirl

Feb 19, 2011
This is Droidhound's ROM...I posted a link to it when I saw a request for a Froyo Rom that would work with the eGlide. I personally don't use it and really don't know anything about it. Here is the link to the thread that discusses the ROM..Apad710 Custom Froyo ROM - SlateDroid.com

I did notice that at least one other person mentions a problem with their 3G Dongle. Maybe you can PM them and see if they have a solution?

/
Good luck!

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

This is the ROM that I flashed my tablet with. You had posted it a while back.

apad710_froyo_v3.img

It works like a charm. Now I have android 2.2.1 on my Tablet which works much faster than android 2.1. Everything works except the 3g and I am wondering if you know of a workaround. I thank you very much.

I have a Gmatic eglide tablet (JR.com: Ematic E-GLIDE Android Mobile Internet Tablet in Portable Tablet PCs)

Thanks again.

llrchin

Sep 15, 2011
Hi Sunigirl (or anyone)

I found all your threads to the ematic eglide incredibly helpful. The one issue I am having particular difficulty with is attemtping to download Angry Birds or any other game app from the market app store. I already have a gmail acct and have set it up on the Ematic eglide tablet. I am able to read emails, etc. Once I got to the Market Apps homepage and found Angry birds I hit install but I keep getting the message: "Download unsuccessful due to no Android cell being link to this acct, please try a different acct." I tried downloading different other apps but got the same message. I even went on my gmail on my laptop and attempted to download the Angry Birds (and others) onto the computer then transfer to the tablet. A similar message came up: "No Android devices found" try different account.

This is my very first tablet and using Android so I am very computer-challenged so I am not sure what I may be doing wrong or what else I can try. I don't have an android phone but I don't believe you need to have one. I don't know if tablet does not work completely but so far I have not had too many problems with the other functions. I plan to use mainly for videos, music, ebooks and game apps.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can guide me with the game apps download problem. Thanks so much.

loneace

Dec 4, 2011
I have found out the hard way that there are multiple versions of the Ematic Eglide tablet. As an example, I purchased mine from walmart, which has 2 versions available. Walmart.com: Ematic eGlide Reader 2 with Wi-Fi 7" Touchscreen Tablet PC Featuring Android 2.1 Operating System: iPad & eReaders and Walmart.com: Ematic 7" Touch Screen eBook Reader and Android Internet Tablet W/HD Video Playback, 4GB Flash, Expandable Memory & Kobo eReading App; EBW204B: iPad & eReaders. In addition, J&R has a version with Android 2.2 that only has one button. Mine appears to be a rebrand of this: 天鹏盛电子有限公司. The model number is WR762. I've tried the various images in this thread, but they do not seem to work. I can load them, but it invariably breaks various aspects - most importantly wireless. I should have made a backup of my sytem before I started, but I did not (VERY STUPID on my part). This post is not a complaint about the work of anyone that posted an image, but rather a warning to any who may try to upgrade. Be certain of your model before you begin.