[eMMC ROM] CM7 Development Release (03-11-2011) (now with Bluetooth!)

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Originally Posted by dalingrin :

Nightly #8 fixes:
For "My Apps," go to manage apps, market, uninstall updates, clear market cache. Then delete data for Google Framework Services.

For Maps, set the lcddensity to 169.

Reboot your nook.

You should find nightly 8 to be pretty snappy even without my overclock kernel.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
But U can enable paid apps in Market by using MarketEnabler.
i dont see any point in changing CM7 for this option
Are Live Wallpapers working now?But not working Youtube is a big disadvantage..

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
So far so good on nightly 8 for me as well, I've noticed something really weird with the market and MyApps though:

Before installing, I only wiped cache. Booted and ran fine. I opened Market and no MyApps and no App carousel at the top either. I followed Dalingrins instructions to uninstall updates, wipe data/cache for market, etc. Opened market again and MyApps showed. I was able to update 3 apps before being told the Item Couldn't be found. and when I backed out of my apps and went back in it was empty. Somehow the market lost it's connection to my account. I opened Titanium Backup, wiped cache and reloaded Market, accepted ToS again, and MyApps showed up. Again, a minute or so in and only two app updates later, same issue - no apps listed. Rewiped cache, reloaded market, MyApps showing, waited a minute, MyApps gone...

Going to try to generate a logcat of this and send it over to him.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
So far so good on nightly 8 for me as well, I've noticed something really weird with the market and MyApps though:

Before installing, I only wiped cache. Booted and ran fine. I opened Market and no MyApps and no App carousel at the top either. I followed Dalingrins instructions to uninstall updates, wipe data/cache for market, etc. Opened market again and MyApps showed. I was able to update 3 apps before being told the Item Couldn't be found. and when I backed out of my apps and went back in it was empty. Somehow the market lost it's connection to my account. I opened Titanium Backup, wiped cache and reloaded Market, accepted ToS again, and MyApps showed up. Again, a minute or so in and only two app updates later, same issue - no apps listed. Rewiped cache, reloaded market, MyApps showing, waited a minute, MyApps gone...

Going to try to generate a logcat of this and send it over to him.

Same thing here. Not the end of the world though. Things r coming along nicely. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. :)

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
@faceman - You used official CWR 3.0.0.6 or EXT4 SD ?

Feb 1, 2011
I got the apps to show up twice and then they disappeared again. Used markettestapp and everything installed was showing the myapp. I went to homescreen and back to market and everything is gone weird.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
@faceman - You used official CWR 3.0.0.6 or EXT4 SD ?

I used the flashable v3.0.0.6 from Xawen back when he first released, so I haven't been using the ext4SD since nightly 4 i think. However, the newly released CWR/ROMmanager are having some issues (as noted elsewhere) so I am holding pat right now until that gets worked out, then I will update my CM7 instructions.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I just wanted to throw down some thoughts on v12. So far wifi dropouts are gone. The weird wifi restart issue is gone. And wonder of wonders the ;) androidtablets.net ;) app finally works. I have felt like I am cheating on my girlfriend by typing these posts on my lappy, but the app always fc'd. No more:)

darth200x200.jpg

:mad: Crap, spoke too soon:mad:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I just bit the bullet and paid for the Tapatalk app, and now I have ONE app that lets me check out all my forums. Worth the few bucks, and it doesn't FC at all. AND keeps me logged in!

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Yeah I kinda figured that was the case. I will spring for it when I have the $$. Do you use grooveshark? I haven't been able to get a connection on any of the builds. Not really a worry just curious. Pandora is finally like butter so I got that going for me, which is nice.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Nope, never tried grooveshark, and I haven't played with pandora on my phone or nc... im so lame.

bigearmouse

Mar 5, 2011
After I followed all the instruction and install everything, why cannot I see the 8G internal SD storage? I can only see about 1G free. I am using 1G microSD card to install CM7 to the eMMc. A lot of app complain that no SD card installed. How can I get the origional 8G back?

Thanks a lot.