Emu on the 101

mr.ofunk

Feb 26, 2011
So last night I started tinkering....got a snes emulator on the 101 along with some roms. Installed a wii mote interface, hooked up a classic controller and went old school on that sh*t! Using tiger snes most of the roms worked great! I want to get a psx and n64 emulator next. Has anyone tried running psx or n64 emus on the 101? I dont wanna waste time on it if I am gonna get tons of crashes and just get annoyed.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Psx4droid v2 in the market worked pretty good for me... haven't tried it with the wii remote yet.. but it played final fantasy IX fair enough ... resident evil was a little wonky, not UN-playable but a tad slow,... i think if i mesed with the refresh rates a bit it'd work fine... may have just been the rom becasue ResEV 2 did fine...

Last edited:

mr.ofunk

Feb 26, 2011
Sweet! I will have to check it out! FF series is really all I wanna play on the psx. Appreciate the advice.

mr.ofunk

Feb 26, 2011
Hmmmm. Went to buy n64oid and it seems to have been removed feom the marketplace. :-/

mr.ofunk

Feb 26, 2011
I managed to find it out in cyberspace on a file server and gave it a shot. Runs a bit clunky but I am sure I can improve performance with a little tinkering.

simon.b2010

Aug 20, 2011
Just abit of info on the subject of this.

I got FPse Working fully on my Archos 101 and i got the wii remote and the classic remote working of it but i had to tweak my machine quite alot to do so.

Basically I rooted my machine so i could tune a few bits and pieces. Then i ran CPU tuner as my standard software makes my processor run at 800MHz and really i found the 1GHz makes everything run so much more smothely and obviously it really helps FPse run smother.

Rooting the machine enables more free RAM which is essential for the emulator to run (well i found in my experiance anyway).

So basically FPse worked for me however its not free bare this in mind.

I had my machine rooted.

I had CPUtuner running.

I know this all seems overkill just to get an emulator to work but originally i did the rooting and that just to gain better performance out of my machine and with all this my machine is a differnt animal.

One more thing here is instructions on how to get the Wii remote working with FPse in order to do this you will need to install " Wii Controller IME".

Right presuming FPse is running ok and you have Wii Controller IME.

1. Turn on bluetooth
2. Open up Wii Controller IME
3. Connect your classic controller to your wiimote
4. Connect wiimote by pressing 1 + 2 simultaneously (Wait for confirmation)
(Note: Make sure the Wii that the controller is connected to is NOT ON!)
5. Change input method to the Wii mote
6. Open FPse
7. Press the menu button on your phone
8. Select diamond looking button
9. Select "INPUT"
10. Scroll down the menu and select "Hardware Keys"
11. Go down the list and assign the key that you want FPse to correspond with the key on your classic controller.
12. Play.

With all this your archos 101 should become a pretty good gaming machine I hope this helps everyone.