Endless force close loop

dslewis22

Jun 14, 2011
Right. The swipe feature is pretty neat. And, it looks pretty slick -- the 3D screen transistions and such. All in all, it has quite a few features that are pretty convenient to have.

Momof41964

Jun 22, 2011
I am not a computer/tab genius. In fact being able to turn it on and use it is an accomplishment for me. My daughter also has one and she keeps getting the force close. I have read on the forum how to try to fix the problem. I need exact instructions on how to help the force close situation. Is there some out here that can tell me in blonde terms how to do this for her. Thanks:rolleyes:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I am not a computer/tab genius. In fact being able to turn it on and use it is an accomplishment for me. My daughter also has one and she keeps getting the force close. I have read on the forum how to try to fix the problem. I need exact instructions on how to help the force close situation. Is there some out here that can tell me in blonde terms how to do this for her. Thanks:rolleyes:
Well, you made it here, so you're doing pretty good so far.

OK, so the next step is describing the problem. Be as specific as possible in telling what you're seeing, and how it happens, and then we'll be sure to give you the correct remedy!

-Matt

Ragpicker

Jun 27, 2011
Had a similar problem syncing contacts and being unable to open contact file.

Apparently one or more of the contacts had some un-importable data which was causing the app to crash. I went through my contacts and made sure all the I's were dotted, the T's crossed and removed any duplicate entries (I think that was the ticket), cleared the data in the storage file app and re-synced Product launched just fine.

I'm new to this android thing, so if I don't use the proper terminology, sorry.

Hope this helps

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I was wondering if you could help me Matt. I am also stuck on a force close loop. PLease.
Howdy! Well, this operation may be a bit tricky, as my personal gTab has found a new happy home. But I'm certainly willing to help if I can. :) Get me started by describing which ROM your using (if any) and what you've tried so far!

-Matt

kchan0813

Dec 13, 2011
Thank you for responding back so quickly. I have a 7" Android Tablet 2.2 that is stuck in this loop of force close. I have tried factory resetting it (i think) but nothing seems to be working. I tried contacting the seller, I got it on Ebay from China, so that is not going to well for me either. I am not to familiar with all the terms or anything so I am just gonna tell you what the start up menu says this thing is. Kernel 2.6.32 Build Number v1.5.5. I have hit the reset button (the little hole) and NOTHING. I am on the verge of just chunking it at the wall. lol. Hope this is the info you were looking for...and thanks again

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Ah, thanks for clarifying. I think I assumed you had a gTablet -- but I see that you're working something different (please don't destroy it! :rolleyes:). Since I'm not familiar with your particular hardware, I don't want to end up wasting your time! So let me point you toward a subforum here that will be a better resource for you:

Foreign Tablets

See if you can find a match for your particular tablet there. This is an extremely friendly forum and I'm sure someone with more insight can offer you a hand. :)

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Yeah, I'm sorry I couldn't offer you a solution this time! But if you end up trading in Tablet 1 for an Asus Transformer, I'm all over that!

Before you go, can I ask a silly question....I'm sensing that the K in your screenname means "Kevin". Just a random impression. Am I close?

-Matt

govardhan.s.r

Aug 20, 2012
There is a very good option. But, you would need a desktop/laptop for this solution to work.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Install Android Manager on your Desktop/Laptop (MobileGo - Android Manager to Manage Android on PC | Wondershare) by downloading from WonderShare (Wondershare Software: Photo & Video Software, PDF Tools, PC Utilities) and running the exe.

Step 2: After you install the Android Manager, connect the mobile to the Desktop/Laptop. You will see a pop up seeking your response after the Android Manager detects your phone. Click on the manage button on the pop up.

Step 3: Download the Launcher Pro apk file from the site: LauncherPro « and save it on your Desktop/Laptop.

Step 4: On the Android Manager application select 'More Tools' option.

Step 5: On the right side of the screen select 'Install Apps'.

Step 6: A new window pops up where you need to browse to the downloaded apk file and select it. The Manager installs the app on your mobile.

Step 7: Then refresh the apps.

Step 8: Select 'Apps' option on the left side. Browse to the corresponding app which is causing the loop and uninstall it.

That's it, you are ready to go. Your phone should work fine. If not restart the phone. The problem will be solved.

Hello,

I really need some help.

I did a stupid thing and hope that someone can help. I wasn't very happy with the supplied gTablet launcher. I checked some recommendations and installed the Android ADW launcher. After the installation, it worked just fine.

A couple of days ago, my gTablet restarted because I had let the battery discharge. When it started, it asked me if I wanted to use the gTablet launcher or the ADW launcher. Because I wanted to use the ADW launcher, I checked the "use this by default" or whatever it actually says about using as a default, and selected the ADW launcher.

Evidently, the gTablet does not like the ADW launcher at all when it has to be launched from a hard restart. My gTablet is now in an endless loop that displays "Sorry! The application ADW.Launcher (process android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectantly. Please try again." along with a "Force close" button to press. Pressing force close does nothing except displaying the "Sorry!..." message again.

So, now I have a gTablet that thinks it is supposed to use the ADW launcher by default, which ADW launcher does not work from a hard restart, which results in an endless force close loop. And, I have a gTablet that cannot do anything but try to use the ADW launcher, display a force close error, and try to use the launcher again after I select force close, ad nauseam.

I need to do some sort of hard reset of the gTablet that ignores/deletes the ADW launcher. But, I have no idea how to do this.

Regards,
Scott Lewis