English Firmware for Novo 7 ELF and Novo 7 Aurora

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Most of the Firmware in this forum are all chinese version for novo 7 elf and aurora. Once you flash those firmware,your tablet will be in chinese,and you will have to find a way to change the language, but now ,we release the English Firmware,and it is full english after you flash.

Latest English version firmware for Ainol NOVO 7 Elf, FREE download:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ainol/Novo7Elf0302,+EN+Version.zip

Newest English version firmware for Ainol NOVO 7 Aurora, download now :
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ainol/Novo7Aurora+0301,Android4.0.3,EN+Version.rar

update method is in the file you download.

Good luck,and any questions,post here.

kiran86

Mar 17, 2012
Ok..its working..Is this the latest firmware available right now with Play store enabled and volume keys function changed? Will it make any other changes such as battery tweaks and more?

RichBenn

Mar 20, 2012
I downloaded this when the link first appeared on the Ainol facebook site, and while there are new instructions in english in the zip, the .IMG file has the same checksum as the 8 March 2012 file, WHICH IS THE CHINESE VERSION! Waste of time downloading!

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Yes,we get this from NOvo factory, we will update it by ourself,and then check.
sorry for any trouble caused.

I downloaded this when the link first appeared on the Ainol facebook site, and while there are new instructions in english in the zip, the .IMG file has the same checksum as the 8 March 2012 file, WHICH IS THE CHINESE VERSION! Waste of time downloading!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It's always nice to see a vendor helping out after the sale.:cool:

Bagpuss

Mar 23, 2012
Good grief.

I don't use MS office I use Openoffice, the .doc files that explain the upgrade process has pictures.

Because the dialogue boxes (pictures) are in chinese, the options that are to be pressed are ringed.......The rings are NOT aligned properly and don't actually ring anything.

These instructions are useless.

Come on McBub.. I've just done all my shopping, which includes my first tablet, from you this very night.

First, no update from you about the English firmware and now this? I am not inspired with confidence.

I appreciate that you are trying, but.........

If by chance it is OpenOffice that is causing the misalignment, would someone kindly post screenshots of the instruction pages, TY.

Last edited:

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
don't worry,mcbub is here now.
so now you want to flash to this firmware, and can't understand the instructions???

Good grief.

I don't use MS office I use Openoffice, the .doc files that explain the upgrade process has pictures.

Because the dialogue boxes (pictures) are in chinese, the options that are to be pressed are ringed.......The rings are NOT aligned properly and don't actually ring anything.

These instructions are useless.

Come on McBub.. I've just done all my shopping, which includes my first tablet, from you this very night.

First, no update from you about the English firmware and now this? I am not inspired with confidence. :(

Bagpuss

Mar 23, 2012
I would understand the instructions if the ringed parts were actually ringed... but because the rings are not aligned on the page properly and don't ring anything, I don't know what options are to be pressed.

Last edited:

Bagpuss

Mar 23, 2012
Thank you, I've just found your thread before you posted.

Had I seen that first I wouldn't have bothered you.

Hoping for a quick delivery. :)

iisacc

Apr 13, 2012
McBub, I downloaded the 'recommended' img you posted, but there is no English option inside..
What is the latest /english/ img I can download?

[EDIT]
Sorry, it wasn't your recommended one... that's still downloading. ;-)

[EDIT2]
Okay, I have now tried your recommended img, and there's still no english.
What is the latest /english/ img I can download?

[EDIT3]
Finally! Sorry for being so blind, I was not in the correct settings area! Turns out I was altering the Keyboard type, not the default language..
All working now, Thanks :D

Last edited: