Samsung S5PC110, ARM Cortex-A8 1GHz "Hummingbird" CPU
512MB RAM
8GB ROM
Capacitive
7" 800x480
802.11 b/g/n WiFi
Android 2.2

$350

A little expensive if you ask me... About $100 too expensive.

Cortex A8 isn't a great choice at this price. Generally worse than the Nook Color except for Android 2.2.

Via Liliputing

matthew2582

Jun 29, 2010
cqeIS.jpg

Here:
Dynamism - Enspert Identity Tab E201U

Samsung S5PC110, ARM Cortex-A8 1GHz "Hummingbird" CPU
512MB RAM
8GB ROM
Capacitive
7" 800x480
802.11 b/g/n WiFi
Android 2.2

$350

A little expensive if you ask me... About $100 too expensive.

Cortex A8 isn't a great choice at this price. Generally worse than the Nook Color except for Android 2.2.

Via Liliputing

I have to disagree with xaueious.

First he omits to say device has 3MP camera
Second, he does not mention that the device is Google Certified and has full market

The other main thing to mention, aside from the fact that the Identity Tab uses the same processor as the Galaxy Tab, is the build quality is fabulous - metal and glass - looks like an iPad Mini

You can see an unboxing here - Identity Tab (Enspert e201) Unboxing | Carrypad

Build quality is in a completely different league to Archos A70

I am not connected with Dynamism - the US distributor - but I do have one on order - due to be shipped 02/15
I consider it good value for $349.00 and while not quite as fast as the eLocity A7 Tegra 2 - which I had to return because of all of its shortcomings - it is the same price as the eLocity and a beautiful device.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Google certification isn't worth anything right now. All the no name tablets come with Google apps.

Since the shipping Enspert has no integrated 3G, it will employ the same type of workarounds as other no name tablets, effectively making it non Google certified.

The camera costs something in the neighborhood of $20USD, but does it actually work with any video conferencing apps? Android fragmentation pretty much guarantees that the front camera will be useless for a while. The hardware isn't even my only conern, but software. It is obvious that it is running a completely vanilla version of Android 2.1, which is ridiculously old to ship by now. Enspert would have had an excuse if they had any customizations at all. And with no devs on your bandwagon, and looming GPL defiance (typical of small foreign companies), this is not a good investment to make.

Someone remind me when it actually comes with Android 2.2. I wasn't at CES and have no idea how it would run.

Looking at an unboxing, it looks more and more like a bastard child of the Galaxy Tab and the iPad. Plus the unboxing shows a nice 'AddressBoo' app, and a bunch of iOS imitation icons.
This puts my confidence of this company's legitimacy at around 20%.

Anyways good luck

I'm a skeptic until I see a proper evaluation of the unit.

Last edited:

matthew2582

Jun 29, 2010
Google certification isn't worth anything right now. All the no name tablets come with Google apps.

Since the shipping Enspert has no integrated 3G, it will employ the same type of workarounds as other no name tablets, effectively making it non Google certified.

The camera costs something in the neighborhood of $20USD, but does it actually work with any video conferencing apps? Android fragmentation pretty much guarantees that the front camera will be useless for a while. The hardware isn't even my only conern, but software. It is obvious that it is running a completely vanilla version of Android 2.1, which is ridiculously old to ship by now. Enspert would have had an excuse if they had any customizations at all. And with no devs on your bandwagon, and looming GPL defiance (typical of small foreign companies), this is not a good investment to make.

Someone remind me when it actually comes with Android 2.2. I wasn't at CES and have no idea how it would run.

Looking at an unboxing, it looks more and more like a bastard child of the Galaxy Tab and the iPad. Plus the unboxing shows a nice 'AddressBoo' app, and a bunch of iOS imitation icons.
This puts my confidence of this company's legitimacy at around 20%.

Anyways good luck

I'm a skeptic until I see a proper evaluation of the unit.

My reply

1. This is a Google Certified device and the Android Market is NOT a hack like on the Archos Gen 8

2. Reviewers consistently rave about build quality - saying that it is Apple standards and some saying that it is better even than Galaxy Tab - this from CarryPad - Identity Tab (Enspert e201) Unboxing | Carrypad

"I’m really surprised with the build-quality of the Identity Tab so far. It looks just like an iPad and I’m dreading the “hey is that a mini-iPad?” questions that I’ll get when I’m using it out of the house; they may have copied the aesthetic, but they were fortunately also able to nail the build-quality. I’m really digging the physical buttons on the Identity Tab. The last three Android devices that I’ve tested (and numerous ones that I’ve covered) all use capacitive Android buttons (the Home, Back, Hidden-Menu, and Search buttons). The Identity Tab (though it might be lacking the search button) actually has physical clickable buttons, and I love it! The feedback on them is great, I don’t have to guess whether or not I’ve actually pressed them."

3. As for credibility - well, Korea Telecom - Korea's largest telco carrier - is obviously satisfied with Enspert's credibility - as it is co-marketing the line.

4. My point about the camera - was that you had not informed readers of its existence and therefore your specs were incomplete

5. The device is shipping with 2.2 confirmed - and the RAM and hardware architecture lend credence to statements in Korea about Gingerbread coming.

I will be receiving my Identity Tab next week and will post review and videos then.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I wold put this device at $259 - $299. Anything over that, in my opinion, is over-priced.

justinepeter

Feb 28, 2011
The Enspert Identity Tab E201U Android tablet is powered by a 1 GHz Samsung Hummingbird processor, a PowerVR SGX 450 GPU, 7 inch Capacitive Multitouch LCD with 800 x 480 pixel display, 512MB RAM, 8GB ROM, a full size SD slot that supports up to 32GB SDHC. The Enspert E201U Android tablet also comes with 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth v.2.1 + EDR, Headphone Jack port, Micro USB 2.0 port and an HDMI port for displaying HD video on an external display. 3MP front and rear-facing cameras, 3,000 mAh Li-Polymer battery and measures 191.2 x 130.5 x 14.6 mm with weight only 425g / 0.93lbs.