ePad 10.2" will not boot

Chuck

Dec 27, 2010
Hi, having problem with a android base 2.1 system aPad that boots to the screen showing Powered by WowPad, and that's it. Any suggestions? I tried re-starting several times and re-set, but same results. This is all new to me.

Argenis

Nov 5, 2010
Perhaps That Lack Of Answers Means Someone Asked And Answered the same question!

simon

Jan 14, 2011
Hi

I have been having these problems as well. What I have found is that it is either
1. That the battery is not charged enough
2. You installed something previously that is causing the boot to fail.

The way I have managed to resurrect the device is to press the power button and the menu button (I think) at the same time. Keep holding them and after a few seconds you will be shown a menu which gives you to reset the device to factory settings. I have discovered that if you clear the system, then generally the machine will reboot OK next time.

this is a real pain in the ass. I would estimate that the machine actually only boots 1 in 4 times I try and I have had to wipe the machine about 5 times in the 1 month I have owned it.

If anyone has any better techniques I would be very pleased to read them. I am hoping that this will be fixed by a software upgrade at some point in the future. Its a shame really because once I have been able to kick this machine into life I quite like it.

Simon

ronmod

Jan 26, 2011
I am having same issue power on EPAD get penguin top left corner the to screen that says ANDROID _ Thats as far as it gets. I have tried holding down all and many different combination of all buttons. HELP PLEASE....

jpedroza

Mar 7, 2011
I am having same issue power on EPAD get penguin top left corner the to screen that says ANDROID _ Thats as far as it gets. If you guys get an answer please post. Thanks

danimcleod

Mar 11, 2011
I am having the same issue too! Is there an answer out there? Someone suggested re-flashing the device. New to this, how is reflashing done?

collinshead

May 25, 2011
All,

I have this same issue. I purchased my epad yesterday and it worked fine. I downloaded a few apps, synced mail, etc. I plugged it in last night to charge and left it on the charger over night. This morning I took it to work and it tried to boot. It froze on the "unlock" screen. I reset it via the pinhole reset button. Everytime after that it froze on the "android" black screen.

I flashed it with the original rom. It then began to freeze on the Android Man in the top left corner. I downloaded the newest rom to the sd card and installed from the card. The install proceeded as it should then the screen went black with the blue led lit. I held the power button for 10 secs. Now when I boot it either freezes on the "epad" black screen or the Android Man.

I have read every forum I can find today and no one can help. Please take a minute to respond. There must be someone out there who knows how to fix this issue...and it sure seems common.

Thank you in advance.

dipsy14eva

Sep 11, 2011
I am having the same problem and I honestly do not have a clue how to go about this re-flashing, anyone willing to help? please

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
I had this problem a couple of days ago.
Here is what I did to fix it.
Hold down home and volume- (volume minus) now hold down the power button. Hold all three down. The green screen of death (The GSOD)
will come up. Keep holding them down - The loader whizzing sun will do it's thing. Then the recover screen will appear.
At this stage let go with the fingers. You will see a list of options, using the volume control +- scroll down to 'format cache' or something similar.
Press Home or menu to clear it. (not sure which but if it's not one it's the other.) Now! scroll down to 'delete factory setting' (or format it)
select it. A list of noes with one yes in the middle will be seen. This is a subtle way of the wow mob telling you not to do it.
I had nothing to lose so I picked yes. It said if I proceeded I would lose some programs. I clicked ok and it said 'formatting factory settings.'
A notice came up saying 'Restart ? I pressed the home or menu and it restarted through the GSOD to the main screen with the beijing weather icon.
I lost all the market stuff I had installed but that was ok. Everything on the sd cards was still there.
I went to the 'about this or something ' in settings and re-entered the registration number.
I hope this helps.