eReader Social Games, Create New One

kpnuts

May 15, 2012
ereader, social etc are special icons that take you to another page with apps in. ( dont know correct terminology )
can I create new ones of these or are they special.
I know how to put one app on top of another to create folder, but these only open up on same screen

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Could you ask the question again, a different way. I'm not positive what you are wanting to accomplish.

kpnuts

May 15, 2012
Could you ask the question again, a different way. I'm not positive what you are wanting to accomplish.

on the home page, besides the nomal widgets, there are 4 special icons..... ie ereading, games , social and multimedia. when these are clicked , you are taken to a separate set of pages into which you can add normal widgets/icons. ie clicking ereader takes you to a page with several ereaders in it where you can add more widgets. Similar with the other special icons. (social ) etc. a bit like using folders in MSoft OS's
Is it possible to create more of these special icons and put widgets in them.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm going to take a wild guess and say no. It might be possible to change launchers and get nested widgets but this sounds like something Acer added as a custom perk. I could be wrong about the Acer thing but I know that with Android that's not something you could normally do.

kpnuts

May 15, 2012
OK, many thanks for the info, wasn't sure if it could be done anyway.

Cheers

kpnuts

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Basically no. The A500 doesn't let you create any more folders like the 4 that are preinstalled. ICS lets you make folders. But if you find them lacking, I would suggest trying Folder Organizer from the Play Store. There's a free and paid version. You can make folders similar to the ones that come with the A500, plus some other cool perks.

kpnuts

May 15, 2012
Basically no. The A500 doesn't let you create any more folders like the 4 that are preinstalled. ICS lets you make folders. But if you find them lacking, I would suggest trying Folder Organizer from the Play Store. There's a free and paid version. You can make folders similar to the ones that come with the A500, plus some other cool perks.

Many thanks
may try that

Keith