Ereading, games, multimedia, social , Crash

suncar

May 28, 2011
Please help my app from the home screen ereading, games, multimedia, social, crash when I try to open a massege appear "the application acer content folders (process com.acer.app) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" force close/report

:(Please help me

blazarus71

Jun 30, 2011
getting the same issues since the 3.1 update, it updated fine, but since, I get the same error message, you have, every so often on certain programs.... grrrr

Please help my app from the home screen ereading, games, multimedia, social, crash when I try to open a massege appear "the application acer content folders (process com.acer.app) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" force close/report

:(Please help me

ronterry

Jun 18, 2011
Worked fine after 3.1 and then I noticed a couple Icons in the game folder were overlapping? So I tried to manually move the icon on top to a different place. T
he screen promptly froze, but was able to return to the home screen.
After that I was not able to open any of the folders as stated by the original poster (I tried restarted several times with no change). Kind of sucks, but for now I just created all my shortcuts on the far left screen. It works at least till this mess can be sorted out...
Sorry, I just don't have time to fiddle fart with system files to fix this. At least the guys at Acer get paid to fix these major glitches...

BTW: I'm not going to be happy if we have to reset the works! Already been down that road with the screwed up encryption from 3.0! Takes for ever to get everything back in order...

Last edited:

skinnyg

Jun 16, 2011
I had to delete each icon, then re-add them back..after that I had no problem. Not the best solution but its what worked for me.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

ronterry

Jun 18, 2011
Would love to, but we can't even open the folders to do that? If your talking about deleting all 9 million on the home screens - than no offense, your out of your mind...

blazarus71

Jun 30, 2011
Having an issue w/the games, ereader, etc folders (widgets). When I click on one to open it, that includes all my games, ereaders, etc... I get the dreaded error message

"the application acer content folders (process com.acer.app) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
force close/report

Anyone else encountering this, corrected the problem yet? It started last night, again... actually worse now. I have the 3.1 update.

ronterry

Jun 18, 2011
Just keep reporting! That is what I've been going.
3.1 has been terrible! Fixed a couple of small issues, but in return we get a major error, slower shutdown, and no fix to the currently useless GPS.
Hey did you know Denver is at 3330 feet? +-70? It's only off by 3000 where I live!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Just keep reporting! That is what I've been going.
3.1 has been terrible! Fixed a couple of small issues, but in return we get a major error, slower shutdown, and no fix to the currently useless GPS.
Hey did you know Denver is at 3330 feet? +-70? It's only off by 3000 where I live!

If your GPS isn't working, take your tablet back, because it works perfectly for me and my neighbors who have A500s.

Its fast, and gets a lock almost instantly. Altitude works fine too. Just because your lame app doesn't know how to
report it doesn't make it Acer's fault. Go get JUST GPS from the market.

ronterry

Jun 18, 2011
You kidding, I wouldn't give up my couch buddy for anything!
But think about what you said? You want me to return my Acer to Best Buy three months after I bought it? And also Brand loyalty is cool and all, but when there is a sticky at the top of the forum asking if anyone got their GPS to work? You don't see a problem with that?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Look at the date on that thread.

All these problems have been solved. If you still have gps problems then yours must be defective.
Download the application is mentioned and see if the altitude is right. Or close.
If so there's nothing wrong with your acer.

ronterry

Jun 18, 2011
Look at the date on that thread.

All these problems have been solved. If you still have gps problems then yours must be defective.
Download the application is mentioned and see if the altitude is right. Or close.
If so there's nothing wrong with your acer.

I took your advice and ditched the old GPS app and tried yours. Anyways it helped a bunch and connected pretty quick and was only off a few hundred feet. Now this is from the my basement. So maybe that old app just screws up everything. Thanks Ice...Now if we can clear up this folder issue?
BTW: Hows the stock browser after 3.1? Curious If I should stick with Dolphin HD?

Suncar can you clearify? Do you mean clear the cache & app data from all apps that were in the folders. That's assuming I can remember what shortcuts I had in the folders.
I tell you what, I'll kill all the cache from my games, except drag racing (took to long to build my rep points LOL), and see what happens.

Sorry for any grammar errors. Still getting used to this thumbs keyboard. Acer should of used this keyboard out of the box! Love it!

Last edited:

ronterry

Jun 18, 2011
Neverming I got it, and it works! Thank you suncar!

Guys go into Setting/Application/Manage Applications/ than clear data from content folder.
Make sure tab to show ALL apps under manage applications!

Thank-you Suncar, and Thank-you Ice.
Now back to pawning some nubs with drag racing LOL

EZguy

Jul 3, 2011
Thanks, Icebike, for the tip on JUST GPS... It is 'just' what I needed. As you say, the GPS in my A500 cranks, especially with Google Maps (Latitude) (And also thanks for the tip on Swiftkey X)