error reformatting /data, trying to restore back to factory settings

byndthegrv

Aug 16, 2011
Hello, sorry to bother you all but I have a huge problem. So I just bought a nook color 1.2.0 firmware after seeing what it can do after rooting it. I followed these instructions on how to root it How to Root Nook Color 1.2 for a Full Android Tablet Experience ~ LockerGnome Media Center. All was going fine and it was working perfectly.

But problems started to come once i installed cm7 nightly build 161, followed these instructions Nook Color CyanogenMod Install and Review ~ LockerGnome Media Center and after cm7 was up and running I had errors saying problems with com.android.settings or something along those lines.

I tried uninstalling it through cwm using these options: (i found a guide online but i dont remember the url really sorry)
1.mount and storage -> format /cache, format /system, and i tried format /data but it gave me "error reformatting /data" and I ignored that
2.did wipe data/factory reset
3.advanced wipe dalvik cache

After all of that i installed cm7 7.1.0 rc1 and once it was done installing I ended up with a power button that kept rebooting, no matter how long i held it, to what looked like the cm7 nightly build that i installed first over and over and over again. Somehow I was able to get back into cwm and repeated what i did with the uninstalling method with the same error reformatting /data. Now when I boot up there is the cyanogenmod logo, not a blue android but a green cyanogenmod logo going into a black screen. I dont even see the "forever reading" but i didn't even see it when i installed the cm7 nightly build either.

So, sorry for the wall of text im trying to tell you as much as I can about what exactly I did to lead me into my current problem. What I want to do is revert my nook back to factory settings and get it to boot a stable CM7 OS.

This is my first time ever messing with anything android. Im sorry if i dont recognize a lot of the terms.

Please help me. Thank you

-Drew