Ethernet Doesn't Work, C91 With ICS

MisterD

May 23, 2012
Has anybody gotten the ethernet to work? This question is related to my previous plea for help regarding vpn issues. I'm thinking the vpn connectivity problems could be caused by my wireless router. So I connected the C91 tablet to my cable modem via an ethernet cable, turned off the wireless, and turned on the ethernet via the settings page. The browser hung, and when I checked the IP address via Network Status, it said "Unavailable". I even turned off the tablet and then started it up again. Still no Internet access until I turned the wireless back on. Any help is much appreciated. And yes, I did use the white adapter cable that came in the box.

MisterD

May 23, 2012
To add to the above post, I connected the tablet to a Dlink ethernet switch and the LED for the tablet came on, but still no IP address and the browser timed out. I'm beginning to wonder if this is an Android, or ethernet driver problem. My laptop connects to the Internet using the same ethernet cable minus the white connecter cable of course.

gmacp

Mar 20, 2012
To add to the above post, I connected the tablet to a Dlink ethernet switch and the LED for the tablet came on, but still no IP address and the browser timed out. I'm beginning to wonder if this is an Android, or ethernet driver problem. My laptop connects to the Internet using the same ethernet cable minus the white connecter cable of course.

Mine works fine when connected with ethernet cable. Did the same in settings menu as you, wonder if it security settings on your router? Something like enable UNPnP?