Everything seems to be going wrong with my Nook Color

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
So I made a nandroid backup of the stock system with no problem. Then I flashed phiremod v7 test. Everything was going well until I went to ROM manager, flashed CWR, and tried to make a backup. It went into a bootloop so I put in my sdcard with CWR. Immediately it started putting my backup on that card. I rebooted it through CWR, but it still went into a bootloop. I then did a factory reset, full wipe, and flashed phiremod 6.3... still bootlooping away. This is one of the problems I was having before I started this thread.

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.6 on my sdcard. I couldn't tell you what version ROM Manager used when I tried to make my backup because I'm stuck in a bootloop.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.6 on my sdcard. I couldn't tell you what version ROM Manager used when I tried to make my backup because I'm stuck in a bootloop.

Dowload the newest version of CWR you can find ([RECOVERY][8/6/2011] ClockworkMod Recovery - 3.2.0.1 - xda-developers) put on you SD card and flash it over any internal copy. Clear you cache partition and your dalvik cache and try your normal boot. Most likely your issues is due to the much older version of CWR you are using.

JP

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
I downloaded recovery-clockwork-3.2.0.1-bravo.zip, put in my sdcard, flashed the new version of CWR, and now it is endlessly scrolling through the CWR menu on its own. The log at the bottom says "ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0," then "Back menu button enabled," then "Back menu button disabled," then "Back menu button enabled," and seems to be continuing like that without end.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I downloaded recovery-clockwork-3.2.0.1-bravo.zip, put in my sdcard, flashed the new version of CWR, and now it is endlessly scrolling through the CWR menu on its own. The log at the bottom says "ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0," then "Back menu button enabled," then "Back menu button disabled," then "Back menu button enabled," and seems to be continuing like that without end.

Try holding the power button until it turns off. It sounds like you were using a bootable SD but now flashed CWR 3.2.0.1 to internal memory is that correct? Once the power is off remove the SD card. Then hold the power and n butttons for about 8 seconds. If you now have CWR internal this should boot you into it. Clear you cahches and then try rebooting.

JP

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
Try holding the power button until it turns off. It sounds like you were using a bootable SD but now flashed CWR 3.2.0.1 to internal memory is that correct? Once the power is off remove the SD card. Then hold the power and n butttons for about 8 seconds. If you now have CWR internal this should boot you into it. Clear you cahches and then try rebooting.

Yes I'm using my bootable SD to flash CWR 3.2.0.1 to the internal memory. I've flashed the CWR zip, powered off, and hold the power + n buttons for about 8 seconds. The screen shows the cyanogenmod logo, then says "booting into recovery," and then it doesn't do anything. I've repeated this entire process several times while holding the power + n buttons for varying times.

Edit: And yes I did remove the sdcard after powering off.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Your other option is to use the image link for CWR and burn that into a bootable SD card (not sure which version your CWR card is running vs. what your internal was runing before flashing the new CWR to internal). Then clear the cahces and see if that helps. If it still doesn't get you a clean boot use the new CWR card you just created and put the Phiremod 6.3 ROM zip on there and put the CWR Boot card back in, then try flashing the ROM again. Hopefully using the new CWR to flash the Phiremod with will break the loop.

JP

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
I formatted my sdcard, wrote the img file onto it with win32diskimager, but when I try to access the card it tells me it needs to be formatted. Why can't I write this file to my card? Is it because it's a 2gb card?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I formatted my sdcard, wrote the img file onto it with win32diskimager, but when I try to access the card it tells me it needs to be formatted. Why can't I write this file to my card? Is it because it's a 2gb card?

That is the expected result from burning and image to and SD card and making it bootable. Windows (assumption) will no longer recognize the card. Do not format it or you will lose the image burn you just did. You should stll be able to see the card as a drive and if you paste someting onto it (right click the card under my computer and select paste after you have copied whatever file you are trying to move over), it should still work.

JP

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
That is the expected result from burning and image to and SD card and making it bootable. Windows (assumption) will no longer recognize the card. Do not format it or you will lose the image burn you just did. You should stll be able to see the card as a drive and if you paste someting onto it (right click the card under my computer and select paste after you have copied whatever file you are trying to move over), it should still work.

It still asks me to format the card in order to paste anything into it. I hit cancel anyway and put it into my Nook without success.

I just burned the original CWR image I had been using before, and noticed some differences. When I burn the old CWR onto the card the write process takes several minutes as opposed to CWR 3.2.0.1 takes about a split second. Also when I burned the old CWR, the card would let me access it and I could see the boot files. After burning CWR 3.2.0.1 it not only wont let me access the card, but under properties it tells me that it is completely empty but also has a size of 0. Again, it's a 2gb card.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
So I just wanted to double check, your real issues here is that you are stuck in a boot loop correct? And you were using CWR 3.0.0.6 before? Those two can certainly be related issues. Have you ever flashed CWR internally or just run it from a bootable SD?

Once you do get a newer version of CWR working on the bootable SD card try clearing your caches and then rebooting. If you did flash the older version of CWR internally you will want to flash the newer CWR zip file (not the image file) over the internal copy as well.

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
Is the CWR 3.2.01 image you have size agnostic?

I am unclear as to whether this version of Clockworkmod believes in a higher power or not.

So I just wanted to double check, your real issues here is that you are stuck in a boot loop correct? And you were using CWR 3.0.0.6 before? Those two can certainly be related issues. Have you ever flashed CWR internally or just run it from a bootable SD?

My current issue is that I am stuck in a bootloop after flashing the latest CWR from ROM Manager (it said it was successful) and then attempting to make a backup also through ROM Manager.

I have flashed CWR through ROM Manger countless times and it always said that the flash was successful, but I can't say for sure if I was ever actually able to go into recovery after flashing it through ROM Manager. I have made nandroid backups, but I may have done that only through my bootable SD. Sorry that I can't say for certain but I have been working on this for several weeks, and it's all starting to blur together now. I can tell you that this has at least been a constant problem just before I started this thread.