Everything seems to be going wrong with my Nook Color

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
Wulfie,

Do you have another SD card? Also, when you boot into Phiremod, do you have a clean SD card inserted into the NC?

Yes I also have a 32 gb sdcard. It has some stuff on it but not a boot image. I was putting that in after booting into phiremod and attempting to put my backups on that. I don't think I was actually putting it in the nook before booting into phiremod though.

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
I have successfully burned CWR 3.0.2.8 onto my SD card, I wiped the cache and dalvik cache in recovery, and then I rebooted successfully into Phiremod 6.3. In ROM Manager, it says "Current Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.2.01." It does not say what the latest recovery is. When I click Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, it just grinds away for a long time , and the says "Error while downloading from server...." My browser wont connect to the internet too. These were common problems before even though my wifi is good. I was also having problems with the market and basically anything that used the internet.

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
if you still have your bootable CWR sd card, have you tried flashing the recoveryfix.zip file? there is a general one but there also are new ones for certain versions of CWR. I couldn't find any for 3.2.0.1 yet.

It seems I am learning what a noob I am at every twist and turn in this process. What exactly are these files, and I how do I know if I need to flash them?

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
It seems I am learning what a noob I am at every twist and turn in this process. What exactly are these files, and I how do I know if I need to flash them?

You'd need them if you flashed a rom and could no longer boot into CWM recovery afterwards.

Why not try the latest CM7 nightly instead of Phiremod? or at this stage maybe try going back to stock again?

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Since U r back at 6.3, why U r still messing around with CWR?
Also concerning CWR latest version, when U r inside recovery, U should see 2 versions on the top.The one U have and the latest.
Since it doesnt download correctly, then this shows a problem at internet connection again.

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
You'd need them if you flashed a rom and could no longer boot into CWM recovery afterwards.

Why not try the latest CM7 nightly instead of Phiremod? or at this stage maybe try going back to stock again?

Seems I am not able to reboot into recovery when I power off/reboot/reboot into recovery. It just restarts. I can however press power + n to go into recovery with success. I did flash the recovery fix that you sent me. Thanks.

I'm flashing CM7 107 plus the latest Dalingrin kernel as we speak. I'm hoping that my troubles in the wi-fi and recovery area are phiremod related. How are you liking the 107 nightly?

Since U r back at 6.3, why U r still messing around with CWR?
Also concerning CWR latest version, when U r inside recovery, U should see 2 versions on the top.The one U have and the latest.
Since it doesnt download correctly, then this shows a problem at internet connection again.

I'm still messing around with CWR because, among other things, I've been going into a bootloop when I want to make a backup with it and was unable to boot into it without a bootable SD card. I'm concerned by the fact that this device shows it is connected to the internet with full bars, yet seems to be having trouble with anything internet related. Especially since my laptop, my phone, my other NookColor, another laptop, and another phone never have trouble using this wi-fi connection.

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
Seems I am not able to reboot into recovery when I power off/reboot/reboot into recovery. It just restarts. I can however press power + n to go into recovery with success. I did flash the recovery fix that you sent me. Thanks.

I'm flashing CM7 107 plus the latest Dalingrin kernel as we speak. I'm hoping that my troubles in the wi-fi and recovery area are phiremod related. How are you liking the 107 nightly?

I'm still messing around with CWR because, among other things, I've been going into a bootloop when I want to make a backup with it and was unable to boot into it without a bootable SD card. I'm concerned by the fact that this device shows it is connected to the internet with full bars, yet seems to be having trouble with anything internet related. Especially since my laptop, my phone, my other NookColor, another laptop, and another phone never have trouble using this wi-fi connection.

Wulfie, if you can, skip #107. Or if successful, follow ROM manager when it asks you to update to #108. #107 apparently has the SoD (Sleep of Death) issue which I encountered yesterday myself. I had 40% battery level but my NC would not wake up from sleep so I had to hard re-boot. #108 seems to be stable. Don't forget to install the Nook Tweaks app. Hopefully, your CWR issues get resolved.

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
Wulfie, if you can, skip #107. Or if successful, follow ROM manager when it asks you to update to #108. #107 apparently has the SoD (Sleep of Death) issue which I encountered yesterday myself. I had 40% battery level but my NC would not wake up from sleep so I had to hard re-boot. #108 seems to be stable. Don't forget to install the Nook Tweaks app. Hopefully, your CWR issues get resolved.

Good to know. I'll check out #108. I just found out about Nook Tweaks last week, and it sounds like an awesome app.

CM7 107 rebooted into CWR when I "powered off/reboot/reboot into recovery" so that's a good sign. I think that later version of CWR plus the recovery fix you suggested did the trick. Unfortunately I still had the same internet problems with CM7 107 as I did with phiremod 6.2, 6.3, and Test v7. I just don't get it...solid wifi signal showing up on the device, and at best I may get a taste of the internet every now and then i.e. the google page may load.

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
Good to know. I'll check out #108. I just found out about Nook Tweaks last week, and it sounds like an awesome app.

CM7 107 rebooted into CWR when I "powered off/reboot/reboot into recovery" so that's a good sign. I think that later version of CWR plus the recovery fix you suggested did the trick. Unfortunately I still had the same internet problems with CM7 107 as I did with phiremod 6.2, 6.3, and Test v7. I just don't get it...solid wifi signal showing up on the device, and at best I may get a taste of the internet every now and then i.e. the google page may load.

that is a good sign. :) if we can set that aside, we can move on and deal with the wifi issue. i am hoping it isn't a hardware problem.
did you do a complete wipe, not just dalvik cache? if not, you can try that if and when you update to a newer nightly. I anticipate, they'd come out with 109 or 110 tomorrow. ;) but you can opt to stay at 107 for now and troubleshoot wifi.