Exchange Email

acsere

May 4, 2011
Hey guys,
I need a good exchange app for my tablet. I've been using touchdown, which is decent, but I want to get other opinions before shelling out $20 for the full version if there is something better. Any suggestions? And anyone have an idea why its not built into Honeycomb?
Thanks!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Touchdown is best, and because it is a Microsoft product. It is in 2.3.

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
I have been using Enhanced Email because you can have multiple Exchange accounts plus imap and pop3. It works pretty well but my biggest problem with it is the layout of folders, it sucks. I tried K9 and Touchdown but I couldn't get them to connect to my Exchange server so I will stick with what I have at the moment, at least it works.

acsere

May 4, 2011
Well, new update just enabled native exchange in the tab. I will be using that now.

pentool

May 1, 2011
"Enabled?"
So was exchange built-in to Honeycomb on the first place, but Acer decided to "disable" it and now they "enabled" it? Does it mean Xoom and other Android tablets had built-in xchange support from the start?

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
Where are you seeing the Exchange part in the Email app? When I put in a new account in the (Yellow Icon) Email app it comes up with IMAP or POP3 as the only two options. Am I using the wrong client?

pentool

May 1, 2011
You setup your Exchange in Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add account. In the "Add account" dialog select "Corporate". That's your Exchange account. Once you added and set it up, it will be visible in the "Email" app.

danielg5

May 3, 2011
I don't see "corporate" in the email account setup. can you elaborate on exactly where this is? I had set up my exchange account as an I map account, and it worked, but a dedicated exchange account with calendar sync would be great!

pentool

May 1, 2011
I don't see "corporate" in the email account setup. can you elaborate on exactly where this is? I had set up my exchange account as an I map account, and it worked, but a dedicated exchange account with calendar sync would be great!
You have to download the 1.141 update to see the corporate exchange account.

acsere

May 4, 2011
Yea, what he said. Not everyone has received the update yet. Should be coming to you soon.

CAACERman

May 22, 2011
I have not received any update. I manually tried to update and it says I am up to date. No corporate email yet for me. Any thoughts?

acsere

May 4, 2011
Just have to wait for the update, it'll come eventually.