Exchange services draining battery????

tonedogg

Jan 25, 2012
I'm a noob here and sorry if this has been covered, I'm hoping to find the solution here. About a week ago, Verizon rolled out the ICS update for Galaxy tab 10.1. It was an upgrad from Honeycomb. While on HC, I never had an issue with battery life, 2 days with usage was fine and never having to charge. Now with the ICS update, I barely get 5 hours. Exhange Services is at 64%.
$export_01.png
I called Verizon and have done some searching and some on the boards say wipe the device clean and do a hard reset. Seems a little extreme to me. After talking to Verizon for over an hour, she told me to go into settings, then back up and reset, and uncheck Back up my data, so to not constantly sync with Google servers. Did this check box yesterday and no dice. Back up to 64% today. See pic.

Thanks in advance, actually major thanks to anyone who can lend a helping hand.

BTW, running 4.0.4 Kernel 3.1.10 Thanks...

tonedogg

Jan 25, 2012
262 views and no comments, am i the only one experiencing this? im certain i am not the only one running exchange services. any one else experiencing this? thanks

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
Yes...battery killer are exchange service and Facebook.

tonedogg

Jan 25, 2012
Late last night I made another change and I think I might have solved the problem. I went into settings, then accts and sync and shut off AUTO-SYNC on all accounts. Email still works fine and so does other accounts. Hope this helps someone else...