Exchange Services

2000roadie

Aug 12, 2011
Google Maps updated his afternoon and I now constantly have the following message. "The application Exchange Services (process com. android exchange) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
I saw in the reviews that others are experiencing the same problem since this update. I have uninstalled updates through the market, restarted the tablet, but still continually get the message.Now at a loss on what I should try next?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Maps has nothing to do with exchange.

If you have email accounts that connect to an Exchange Server, then that would explain the message if that mail client was crashing.

There were some serious problems with the maps update as well, but its not related to the Exchange problem. The maps download stalled with the message that the app already existed (Well DUH!), and I had to uninstall updates to maps and then the update went fine.

jpinsl

Dec 3, 2011
... I now constantly have the following message. "The application Exchange Services (process com. android exchange) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I also recently started seeing this constant message. Don't know what's causing it, but it forced me to delete my Exchange Account and switch to using web-based OWA to get my mail.

Also tried installing TD's 3.2.1 ROM (stock + root) and it had the same problem.

Have seen other posts about disabling different types of sync in settings (photos, docs, Picassa, Twitter, etc). Didn't make a difference for me. Having only Exchange email as the single sync setting resulted in the same error. I tried using K-9, and it works, but the user interface is horrid so I uninstalled it.

This truly sucks.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Need to contact Acer support, so it will be hopefully fixed in the next system update...