EXCITE 13 looks like a GREAT tablet

Discussion in 'Toshiba Excite 13' started by cereal_killer, Apr 10, 2012.

1. cereal_killer

cereal_killer Administrator Staff Member

I'm personally leaning towards picking this one up. The 7.7 and 10 are nice as well, but if I'm going to get a tablet I really want a large screen. Perfect size tablet in my honest opinion.

2. wicked

wicked Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nexus 7 / Galaxy Nexus
    Can't wait to see this tablet in person...

3. Downwind

Downwind Member

Tablet / Device:
    Galaxy Nexus
    I've been waiting for something like this. I had no interest in a 10" tablet. I have a 10" netbook gathering dust in my closet. The screens are too damn small. Give me this and a bluetooth keyboard and I'm going to be a happy camper.

4. Androidfonefan

Androidfonefan Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    iPad2 32, Toshiba Thrive 32. Lenovo IdeaPad A1, ICOO D90W
    7 inch screens are to small, had a Kindle Fire and it worked perfectly but the screen was just not big enough. Already have the Thrive at 10 inches and like it a lot but 13 is closer to what I have been looking for. Have been wanting something in the 15 inch range and I think 13.3 is as close as I'm going to see for the foreseeable future.
    It helps greatly that the last specs I saw show that Toshiba is putting full size USB, SD and HDMI ports on this model.
    Has anyone else read that or was this information in error.

5. Tom T

Tom T Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Hauwei S7
    A 13" tablet, to me, would only be useful with a digitizer layer. With one though it could be an amazing device. I'm curious what particular use anyone considering one would put it to, I just may not be imaginative enough.

6. jimbo7630

jimbo7630 Guest

I'm dumping my 10" in favour of my 7" - the 10 is just too unwieldy even in a case with a USB K/B The 7 in it's case with K/B just seems so easily portable and much more usable anywhere.

7. Androidfonefan

Tablet / Device:
    Thats the beauty of having options in tablet size, there is something for everyone. 7 inch screens are just too small for my eyes, 10.1 is much better but 13.3 just might cause me to put my laptop in the closet. But that will depend on how much better ICS is over Honeycomb.
    As was pointed out, Android is a great phone and tablet OS but it is not yet a true PC OS. ICS may fix that, and if it does laptops and PCs may soon be a thing of the past, (soon being relative of course).

8. Androidfonefan

Tablet / Device:
    A little something more for those in waiting. There are more pictures of all three devices at the link below.
    The few areas in red above are disapointing to say the least but not unexpected. I read somewhere that all ports on the Excite would be full size, but this says otherwise, still......I guess we won't know for sure until they hit the shelves.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  9. Androidfonefan

Tablet / Device:
  10. combat_chuck

combat_chuck Member

I'm pretty sure this is what I'll be getting if I do pull the trigger on a tablet. The whole point is that phones are too small for most leisure activities and even some important things. I mean, they work, but its always nice to have a bigger screen. It could have better specs, but I definitely don't need it to be any more expensive

11. jiveturkee

jiveturkee Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Toshiba Thrive (10), Nook Color
    What is the reason for the delay of the Excite 13?

12. Androidfonefan

Tablet / Device:
    Funny, I thought the 13 inch Excite was already released.
    Just did a quick look but didn't see it.
    Not really sure, and while I wanted one, I can no longer afford to get one. So I will be happy with my IPad2 and three android tablets.
    Wish me luck in selling a couple of them lol. I got carried away. But if nothing else I will not need to buy any tablets for along long while.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  13. Androidfonefan

Tablet / Device:
    Ok, now the 13 inch Excite is out. Spoke with a member either on this forum or the Thrive forum that has one.

14. ericw33

ericw33 Member

You might want to watch out for a Toshiba 13.3 Excite recall. I was looking into a unit in Canada ($100 off bestbuy.ca) and when I researched sites like amazon.com I found mention that no units were for sale in the US and that there was a manufacturer recall on the product. I did go to the Toshiba US website and no units were available for sale. Ditto for amazon.com.

i decided not to buy one in Canada as I don't want to get stuck with a VERY expensive orphan product with no future O/s updates.

So it is 'buyer beware'. I suggest you look into this before getting one. Sucks if it was recalled as I really love the 13.3" screen size for Anime.

Note:

New Tablets: List of Upcoming Tablets 2012 - 2013

There are many new tablets coming out 2012/2013 with screen sizes up to (gasp!) 18" (asus). Many after October will run (arg) Windows 8 - who knows?, maybe some larger then 10" Androids will come out in the future. IMO MS usually blows every other O/s, so IMO Windows 9 will be more like Windows 7 (success) and Windows 8 will mirror Windows Vista (and flop). Personally for a tablet I really love Android.

EW

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012