Expandable SD card

camoboy91

Dec 7, 2011
I bought a 16gb micro sdhc card for my lepan and it sent the tablet into HBOOT. Does anyone know any cards that will work?

LePan_Fan

Jan 12, 2012

Attachments

• $L61-3293-main01-im.jpg
    $L61-3293-main01-im.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 646

LePan_Fan

Jan 12, 2012
I always buy class 10 Samsung but I know that is overkill for most people. I only buy sealed retail packages. I don't know where you bought the bad card but there have been some unscrupulous sellers on eBay taking class 2 cards, calling them class 10 and formatting them for way more capacity then they actually are. One other thing I discovered by accident. Those thingys they put at store doors to catch people shop lifting will zap a SD card if you don't shield it. I had a Sandisk tech verify that.

Thanks for the feedback....I'm thinking that I might buy the 32gb Lexar from Tigerdirect... $44.99 is an awesome price for a class 10 32gb card

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
$44.99 is an awesome price for a class 10 32gb card

Obviously, your choice and that's a good price. However, your tablet will work the same with anything that's class 4 or higher. The class of an MSD is an indication of the data transfer speed in MB/s that the card is capable of. A class 4 can transfer 4MB/s, class 10 10MB/s etc. I say can, because it's going to transfer data to your tablet's internal memory and currently that has a transfer speed of about 4 MB/s. The card can't send faster than the memory can receive. If you're transferring data from your PC to the card, that might go faster. In your tablet, you won't notice a difference. The class 10 cards are useful in high end cameras to reduce the time between pictures.

Last edited:

LePan_Fan

Jan 12, 2012
Obviously, your choice and that's a good price. However, your tablet will work the same with anything that's class 4 or higher.

So a class 4 will work fine? I just want to make sure that the card that I buy will work okay in the tablet. If I can get a decent class 4 for a good price I'd rather go that way. I'd hate to buy a card and find out that it isn't fast enough. I've heard stories where people have tried to root the TC970 and their card wouldn't do it because it was too slow.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Using a tool for benchmarking SD read/write speeds, my friend, lfom, measured the speeds for a MID1024-4G and a 4GB Class4 Sandisk microSD. The card was faster!

Last edited:

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
I could not get my unit to update the firmware and finally tried a class 6 (had been using a class4) and it went right on. LePan told me the error I was getting indicated missing or corrupted file so I thought maybe the 4 was just too slow. I don't know if this is a universal problem, whether my class 4 was just slow or what, it works fine for day to day stuff, have never had a problem with the 4 except updating. Ten should not be a problem in my mind either.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Does anyone know if the TC will work with a class 10?
Yes, I have a class 10 SD card, purchased from Amazon.ca along with the LePan I. Works fine.

EXCEPT to flash firmware. I had an error message saying something like 'Bad or corrupted firmware file' when trying to update from this 16 GB card; turns out the reason wasn't the card, but the size - too large for the boot loader on the lepan to handle.

It's been reported as only supporting SD cards up to 2 GB in size. Or larger ones, as long as you create a smaller, up-to-2 GB partition at the beginning of the card's space. Remainder can be set as a second partition.

I set aside the original LePan 2 GB SDcard, and keep it for the firmware installs.