Explains why HSN was selected for announcment..

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Posted on FB nook site and I later verified this info: President of B&N was previously VP of HSN marketing and General Manager...

info from B&N website

William J. Lynch, Jr. became chief executive officer of Barnes & Noble, Inc., on March 18, 2010. .
Mr. Lynch joined Barnes & Noble from HSN, where he was executive vice president of marketing and general manager of HSN.com. From 2004 to 2008, he was chief executive officer and co-founder of gifts.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of IAC.

From 2000-2004, Mr. Lynch was vice president and general manager, e-commerce, for Palm Inc., where he oversaw Palm’s Web properties, including: Palm.com, the Palm Online Store, the Palm Software Connection and the Palm.Net wireless ISP. Business

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
well I bet B&N got the BEST deal ever.. from HSN...

good for B&N...... more $$$$$$ to innovate with for the future.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
well I bet B&N got the BEST deal ever.. from HSN...

good for B&N...... more $$$$$$ to innovate with for the future.

Heck yes B&N got a good deal. They told HSN it cost $504 retail but that they would sell it to HSN for the great price of $379. HSN then kindly thought of us consumers and decided to take a loss on each unit beyond B&Ns already dicounted unit and sell each one for the amazingly low price of $299 and throw in a free update to 2.2 and 100 free books plus a $4 micro SD card.

:)

I like to see as many Nook colors out there as possible but not at the expense of senior citizens and shop-a-holics who don't know any better.