External Keyboard Settings?

Personoid

Aug 14, 2011
Hi there. I've bought an external USB keyboard and everything was fine, but all of a sudden it lost its configuration. I mean, I am in Brazil, the keyboard is ABNT (it has some special characters, like "ç"). It was working fine, but now when I press the Brazilian-Portuguese keys like "ç" (c-cedilla), for instance, it shows ";", as if it were an US keyboard. Is there a way of resetting *EXTERNAL* keyboard settings on Froyo (Coby Kyros 8024)?

Thank you very much.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
An external keyboard on android is auto programed. I dont believe theres a way to tell the os what to do with an external device. I believe those features are coming in android 2.4

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Personoid

Aug 14, 2011
Thanks for the response. But if it's auto programmed, how come it was working fine before? Keyboard settings in Android has to do with qwerty.kl and gpio-keys.kl files, in the /system/usr/keylayout/ directory; But I am not enough knowledgeble to try to fix the problem. Will try a factory reset, as soon as I find out how to do it on the 8024.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Mazarin07

Sep 28, 2012
Thanks for the response. But if it's auto programmed, how come it was working fine before? Keyboard settings in Android has to do with qwerty.kl and gpio-keys.kl files, in the /system/usr/keylayout/ directory; But I am not enough knowledgeble to try to fix the problem. Will try a factory reset, as soon as I find out how to do it on the 8024.
Thanks.

See this forum.