Problems/ Experience With External SD

adrea

Apr 12, 2013
Hi!
Thirst of all:
I'm using Flashes Slimz Beanz 11
unlockend bootloader and CWM-recovery 6

The first promblem was the rather difficult way to open the backside of the tablet.
It was exhausting and more and more annoying.
At last it was open ;-)
I put in a microSDHC class 4 with 8GB.

After that my tablet went in a very lazy mode.
The response to a touch was between 2 or 3 sec and sometimes there was no activity at all.

1.) I rebooted the tablet in recovery mode and changed to the rooted stock rom with no change...
2.) I rebooted the tablet in recovery mode: wiped /cache /data and /sdcard without changes
3.) -5.) The same procedure 2 but with other roms...
6.) I removed the external sd-card without any changes.
7.) I tried and tried to get back a useful response time and suddenly (I used the calculator) the tab response was normal.
8.) NEVER TOUCH A RUNNING SYSTEM ;-)

thx
adrea

Last edited:

gmenik

Mar 1, 2013
That's sad thing to hear specially if you're enjoying slimbeanz.. you should took out the sd card first and reboot..see if you still having that pause slowing mode. Maybe you got incompatible or bad sd card. Operating System like android always check for new drive. If it doesn't response immediately it will keep on checking and make your OS unstable that's why your tablet is unresponsive. Well you get back to factory rom and it seems you're happy......did you put the sd card back to sd card slot on your tablet?

adrea

Apr 12, 2013
No - I'm still enjoying beanz11 :D
I've checked this sd-card in two smartphones with no troubles.
So I thought this won't harm my tablet, but it did.
After this experience I removed this sd-card from my tablet.
The interesting thing was, that my tablet remain in this very slow mode for a long time.
Now I'm not sure whether I should use another sd-card or not.
Never touch a ....
thx
adrea

Last edited:

adrea

Apr 12, 2013
Yesterday, I tried another sd card (Sandisk 4GB class 4). I've installed the paranoid 4.1.2 JB rom.
My tablet response was as it should be. After about 10 hours I tried to reactive.
It was impossible for me input the secret pattern to get into the main menue.
So I decided to remove the new sd card again. After a while my touches was accepted.
After that I had neither troubles by normal using nor with ADT.
What shall I do?
Shall I leave it as it is or shall I bring it back to Stock rom?
thx
:confused:
adrea

gmenik

Mar 1, 2013
Yesterday, I tried another sd card (Sandisk 4GB class 4). I've installed the paranoid 4.1.2 JB rom.
My tablet response was as it should be. After about 10 hours I tried to reactive.
It was impossible for me input the secret pattern to get into the main menue.
So I decided to remove the new sd card again. After a while my touches was accepted.
After that I had neither troubles by normal using nor with ADT.
What shall I do?
Shall I leave it as it is or shall I bring it back to Stock rom?
thx
:confused:
adrea

Have you ever tried to put sdcard on a stock ROM before without any problem? SD_card is very important for some other people like me.That's is where I put my backup, music, video and important thing that I use in this tablet.....usually comes in handy. The decision is up to you. I never have have a problem like yours no matter what ROM I flash. I like sandisk best far better for me (I use class 10). Maybe there's something wrong with the tablet?

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD

adrea

Apr 12, 2013
Have you ever tried to put sdcard on a stock ROM before without any problem? SD_card is very important for some other people like me.That's is where I put my backup, music, video and important thing that I use in this tablet.....usually comes in handy. The decision is up to you. I never have have a problem like yours no matter what ROM I flash. I like sandisk best far better for me (I use class 10). Maybe there's something wrong with the tablet?

No I haven't tested my tablet in stock rom with an external sd - sorry ;-)
So I should bring it back in stock rom and test whether this issue will remain or not.
thx
adrea

Last edited:

gmenik

Mar 1, 2013
No I haven't tested my tablet in stock rom with an external sd - sorry ;-)
So I should bring it back in stock rom and test whether this issue will remain or not.
thx
adrea

Just in case you really put back your tablet to stock ROM try to format your external SD card see i f will works. Goodluck

adrea

Apr 12, 2013
My report:
1) I've formated the sdcard and the external sd.
2) I've installed the stock rom via CWM recovery.
3) I've let it settle down...
4) I've changed the external sd card - no problem
5) So, I've installed cwm recovery again
6) At last I installed the paranoid 4.1.2 JB rom.
And now it seems to me, that the problems are gone.
thx
adrea

Last edited:

adrea

Apr 12, 2013
try to format your sd card in CWM or in the Settings of JB

I'm really sure, this wasn't my problem.
My Conclusio:
Before I'm going to install a new rom, I will start with the stock rom!

Last edited:

gmenik

Mar 1, 2013
My report:
1) I've formated the sdcard and the external sd.
2) I've installed the stock rom via CWM recovery.
3) I've let it settle down...
4) I've changed the external sd card - no problem
5) So, I've installed cwm recovery again
6) At last I installed the paranoid 4.1.2 JB rom.
And now it seems to me, that the problems are gone.
thx
adrea

I am happy everthing now is ok :thumbup:. I have a similar problem before on my Samsung tab2. I have rooted and put new custom ROM and still getting this freezing problem. I formated my sdcard and BAM! problem goes away. Samsung doesn't like the file system written on my sdcard .......weired.

tinchoska

Feb 14, 2013
what about if tablet does not mount extsdcard? thats my problem, i cant flash anything neither start my tablet (i'va format all partition, sd card use to work ¬¬)

tinchoska

Feb 14, 2013
Ok, nothing worked.... I have read around about sideload flash... anyone here knows something about that?