f@!"¥#:'kin Acer

romez27

Apr 30, 2012
well still no ics in uk i have gone from the no network coverage message back to the ,,, your tablet is up to date message lol i have the update enhancer dl ,acer say they pulled the update back because of hardware problems and that some tablets will not even recieve the update , , btw im on a500 gen 1

stroppy

Apr 28, 2012
well still no ics in uk i have gone from the no network coverage message back to the ,,, your tablet is up to date message lol i have the update enhancer dl ,acer say they pulled the update back because of hardware problems and that some tablets will not even recieve the update , , btw im on a500 gen 1
The update has been moved back because or glitches in the early release. Aussies will get it on the 16/17th of May. Not long to wait for a stable release...patience, my friend...you'll get your icy goodness soon enough.

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
Still seeing peopel getting it in NA. Claire got her's this am (1am). Servers have ben throttled back due to congestion and using one server to distribute. It did take longer then it should have to download however.

As far as AU or NZ that's seperate. THe NA release is goign fine. EU release will be rolling stronger in the week. Canada after NA. Spoke with Acer HQ in California and they will be cuing in regional order. NA (Southern states no issues currently) Then out from there. EU, AU, NZ is handled seperate.

They really should have more then 2 distribution servers world wide. Especially for regions far from them.

Just make sure you have the market place update first. (it was updated).

Last edited:

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010

I think it is better to receive an stable update than just receiving one just because you want to...please don´t be mad at the Mayans when you realize that the world will not end in 2012...

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
The update wasn't pulled. IT was thorttled back, and a new check sum put in place. There is 2 worl wide sistribution servers running, which isn't goign to push to everyone quickly. RIght now it's rotating in North America.

As logn as you haven't isntalled leaks, custom roms, and changed the boot loader, you should be fine when it is offered. If you have it should check sum the builds to preent issues or stop the install.

A majority do not have issues. I have 2 tablets here, 3 other family members have A500's, and at least 4 firends, and all but 1 have the update with no issues. The other isn't using his tablet right now so will wait and see.

THere was a mis release in EU regions on the updater pre released. It doesn't affect the NA release. Right now mostly Gen 2's are getting it.

FlutteringBy

Jul 5, 2011
"There was a mis release in EU regions on the updater are released. It doesn't affect the NA release. Right now mostly Gen 2's are getting it."

Just curious.....what is it that determines whether a tablet is Gen 1 or Gen 2?.....

I'm Gen 1 & live in northern Canada....still waiting patiently......:D.....

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
romez27 said:
just got update here in uk but dont seem to be any different lol

If you can't see the difference it might not have updated. You can go to settings and open About Your Tablet to see what system you are running. Also, if it updated, you will no longer have the + sign in the upper right hand corner. My wife's A100 did not update either.

romez27

Apr 30, 2012
yea it has im on 4.0.3 now only thing i see changed is the abiliity to swipe tabs off home screen ......and the camera functions have changed ..oh and ring on lockscreen either goes to home page or camera lol dont see wat all the excitement is about

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
I think it is better to receive an stable update than just receiving one just because you want to...please don´t be mad at the Mayans when you realize that the world will not end in 2012...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! So I bought all those twinkies for nothing?! Always heard they would survive a holocaust. Maybe I can sell them to these guys

Last edited by a moderator: