F900 Allwinner A13 Android 4.0 9 Inch Tablet Issues

330Android

Jul 31, 2012
Just purchased a chinese branded F900 Allwinner A13 Android 4.0 9 inch tablet and finding some potential issues...can any experts help me out?

1. The internal microphone volume is very low. Tried recording video and voice and i have to yell into microphone and still very low volume. I have turned up volume to max but still not help...is there a solution?

2. Google Play/Market is pre-installed. However, downloading an app is not working. Its just keeps on "downloading" without ever finishing or installing even for very small apps. Wifi is connected and working, cleared cache, re-start...etc. but problem continues...

3. Connecting to wifi takes quite a while but eventually it does connect. Its take a very long time even when i set up the wireless router right next to tablet. i have powered off, reset, removed caches...etc. but still takes a long time (maybe 5 to 10 mins). When I use my netbook or Ipod touch with the same wireless router the connection is almost immediate...is there a solution?

Any help/advice you can provide is greatly appreciated!!!

kikoamore

Aug 1, 2012
Just purchased a chinese branded F900 Allwinner A13 Android 4.0 9 inch tablet and finding some potential issues...can any experts help me out?

1. The internal microphone volume is very low. Tried recording video and voice and i have to yell into microphone and still very low volume. I have turned up volume to max but still not help...is there a solution?

2. Google Play/Market is pre-installed. However, downloading an app is not working. Its just keeps on "downloading" without ever finishing or installing even for very small apps. Wifi is connected and working, cleared cache, re-start...etc. but problem continues...

3. Connecting to wifi takes quite a while but eventually it does connect. Its take a very long time even when i set up the wireless router right next to tablet. i have powered off, reset, removed caches...etc. but still takes a long time (maybe 5 to 10 mins). When I use my netbook or Ipod touch with the same wireless router the connection is almost immediate...is there a solution?

Any help/advice you can provide is greatly appreciated!!!

I just got the same tablet this weekend and I am having the exact same issues.... can anyone help us out please......
Thanks/.././.
:eek: :mad:

Dec 22, 2010
I got this tablet too, in chinabuye site name brand A139 (correct the link manually: http://www. chinabuye . com / a139-9-capacitive-screen-android-4-0-8gb-hdd-a13-1-0ghz-cortex-a8-tablet-pc).
I got the same issues, I tried to get support from website they refused to give me the manufacturer's site/name, than I opened it and I saw realy an allwiner A13 processor but in mainboard had the name "F900 mainboard...".
The main problem to me was the nonfunctional market. I did some searches in google and dicovered this tablet is sold in china in band name "MaPan" (search for maixin-china). There you can find a rom/firmware that is complete and better than original OEM rom.
This tablet informations you can find by name MaPan MX913 - The only difference is that this tablet specs shows the processor speed is a 1.2ghz (CPU+GPU+VPU+APU).
I burned the firmware you can find both here: MaPan MX913 Video - Cheapest 8GB 9" Boxchip Allwinner A13 Cortex A8 android 4.0 OS capacitive touch screen tablet PC with WIFI 3G or here: Android Program/Software Download, Download MaiPad Software, Input Method Software, Working Software, Chating Software etc PC Software.
After everything worked how it should, except one esthetic think, the boot logo changed from that android image to MaPan logo, but after shows the bootanimation screen and after starts.
After I'll put a link to a "how to" burn firmwares in allwinner tablets, using the Live Suite.
Now I finded a youtube video you can see bellow from this tablet from Mapan:

Last edited by a moderator:

330Android

Jul 31, 2012
I got this tablet too, in chinabuye site name brand A139 (correct the link manually: http://www. chinabuye . com / a139-9-capacitive-screen-android-4-0-8gb-hdd-a13-1-0ghz-cortex-a8-tablet-pc).
I got the same issues, I tried to get support from website they refused to give me the manufacturer's site/name, than I opened it and I saw realy an allwiner A13 processor but in mainboard had the name "F900 mainboard...".
The main problem to me was the nonfunctional market. I did some searches in google and dicovered this tablet is sold in china in band name "MaPan" (search for maixin-china). There you can find a rom/firmware that is complete and better than original OEM rom.
This tablet informations you can find by name MaPan MX913 - The only difference is that this tablet specs shows the processor speed is a 1.2ghz (CPU+GPU+VPU+APU).
I burned the firmware you can find both here: MaPan MX913 Video - Cheapest 8GB 9" Boxchip Allwinner A13 Cortex A8 android 4.0 OS capacitive touch screen tablet PC with WIFI 3G or here: Android Program/Software Download, Download MaiPad Software, Input Method Software, Working Software, Chating Software etc PC Software.
After everything worked how it should, except one esthetic think, the boot logo changed from that android image to MaPan logo, but after shows the bootanimation screen and after starts.
After I'll put a link to a "how to" burn firmwares in allwinner tablets, using the Live Suite.
Now I finded a youtube video you can see bellow from this tablet from Mapan:

Thanks demostenesramos for your detailed information. Much appreciated! I will check with my seller to see if they have an updated firmware. It seems the F900 goes under many different model names. In fact, when I look up my tablet model under settings its named "F7"...

The google play issue is driving me mad. I've researched on many forums for a week now and have tried almost every suggestion for a fix but no luck. Very fraustrating.

The two "solutions" left for me to try is to "root" the tablet and change the "model" to an accepted model name compatible with Google Play or to update firmware as per your suggestion. Both option make me nervous as I am not a tech expert. Was really hoping for a tablet to work out of the box.

Would you be able to share your firmware update instructions and maybe any tips from your own experience? Thanks again demostenesramos for all your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 22, 2010
Thanks demostenesramos for your detailed information. Much appreciated! I will check with my seller to see if they have an updated firmware. It seems the F900 goes under many different model names. In fact, when I look up my tablet model under settings its named "F7"...

The google play issue is driving me mad. I've researched on many forums for a week now and have tried almost every suggestion for a fix but no luck. Very fraustrating.

The two "solutions" left for me to try is to "root" the tablet and change the "model" to an accepted model name compatible with Google Play or to update firmware as per your suggestion. Both option make me nervous as I am not a tech expert. Was really hoping for a tablet to work out of the box.

Would you be able to share your firmware update instructions and maybe any tips from your own experience? Thanks again demostenesramos for all your help!

Ok, today I opened it and took some photos. I'll publish it here. About firmware, first I tried the Momo tablet one, but the 7 inch one, the touch didn't worket, than after I tried the MaPan than every thing worket ok.
The Mapan rom is rooted. I instaled Antutu CPU Master, I got processor working @1.2GHz with possibilits to change the processor clock from 30Mhz to 1.5 Ghz, I underclocked to 1.080Mhz (1Ghz factory), cause when using at 1.5ghz the battery drains fast but system works very well and fast.
With 1Ghz the tablet works like before with original factory rom with some little brakes. The 1.2Ghz config stay between power consumption and turn android in a fast usable system.
Recommend to use the conservative governor and configured to keep config in boot, the factory and default governor is fantasy (dont recommend), I charged the tablet using conservative turned it on, my wife used it, I used, my daughter used too, the battery got almost 36 hours on, I charged it with a rest of 5% battery power.
The conservative increase and decrease processor speed in 45Mhz fractions on the fly, the fantasy one commutes the speed from 60Mhz direct to 1.080Mhz this increase power consumption to high levels.

330Android

Jul 31, 2012
Ok, today I opened it and took some photos. I'll publish it here. About firmware, first I tried the Momo tablet one, but the 7 inch one, the touch didn't worket, than after I tried the MaPan than every thing worket ok.
The Mapan rom is rooted. I instaled Antutu CPU Master, I got processor working @1.2GHz with possibilits to change the processor clock from 30Mhz to 1.5 Ghz, I underclocked to 1.080Mhz (1Ghz factory), cause when using at 1.5ghz the battery drains fast but system works very well and fast.
With 1Ghz the tablet works like before with original factory rom with some little brakes. The 1.2Ghz config stay between power consumption and turn android in a fast usable system.
Recommend to use the conservative governor and configured to keep config in boot, the factory and default governor is fantasy (dont recommend), I charged the tablet using conservative turned it on, my wife used it, I used, my daughter used too, the battery got almost 36 hours on, I charged it with a rest of 5% battery power.
The conservative increase and decrease processor speed in 45Mhz fractions on the fly, the fantasy one commutes the speed from 60Mhz direct to 1.080Mhz this increase power consumption to high levels.

Thanks Again demostenesramos. Although i have to admit your write up is very technical and I don't really understand it. Would you be able to show us how you loaded the new firmware? thanks very much.

Jul 21, 2012
Demostenesramos, you are truly a credit to your username: like Demosthenes, you've delivered truth!

I just received a Zeepad 7.0 from a dealer on Amazon. There was no website listed, and on the small instruction sheet included in the box, it said "Factory reset is not recommended on this tablet". By searching, I found this thread, and saw that the MaPan MX713 is an identical product. Hopefully, I can get a factory ROM from them in case something bad happens.

Unfortunately, there were no instructions with my tablet on how to enter factory reset mode. I've tried holding Power while holding Vol- and Vol+, but neither worked.

Another question: have you been able to get Google Voice Search to work on your tablet?

Thanks for your help!

-dt

goaiah

Aug 27, 2012
Hi,

I tried Demosenesramos idea didnt work, almost crashed my ****.... bUt i emailed compnay and they told me what to do.. it worked and now i can download apps its awesomel....

[h=1][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]FAQ[/FONT] > [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Android Market Flush[/FONT] > [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Some APPS are missing from Android Market[/FONT][/h] [h=1][FONT=Palatino Linotype, Book Antiqua, Palatino, serif] Connect your tablet to Wifi
[/FONT][/h] [FONT=Palatino Linotype, Book Antiqua, Palatino, serif]Open ‘Market’ and then Click on Home (launcher) to close [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, Book Antiqua, Palatino, serif]Go to Settings->Applications->Manage->Running
- Click Market
- Then Clear Cache (NOT CLEAR DATA!!!!)
- Then Force Stop
- Click Google Services Framework
- Click Clear Data
- Click Force Stop
[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, Book Antiqua, Palatino, serif]Open Android Market (it will error this is GOOD!) [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, Book Antiqua, Palatino, serif]Shutdown and Restart the tablet
- Wait for Wireless to Kick In
- Wait for System to Finish Loading
[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, Book Antiqua, Palatino, serif]Open Android Market
- If it opens without an error GREAT!
- If it opens with the same error... give it a couple minutes or multiple tries at opening (it will go through)
- You may want to just wait for it to tell you there are updates in the Market
[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype, Book Antiqua, Palatino, serif]Last updated on Sept. 1, 2011 by GPCT Admin [/FONT]

[h=3][/h]

330Android

Jul 31, 2012
Hi,

I tried Demosenesramos idea didnt work, almost crashed my ****.... bUt i emailed compnay and they told me what to do.. it worked and now i can download apps its awesomel....

FAQ > Android Market Flush > Some APPS are missing from Android Market

Connect your tablet to Wifi

Open ‘Market’ and then Click on Home (launcher) to close
Go to Settings->Applications->Manage->Running
- Click Market
- Then Clear Cache (NOT CLEAR DATA!!!!)
- Then Force Stop
- Click Google Services Framework
- Click Clear Data
- Click Force Stop

Open Android Market (it will error this is GOOD!)
Shutdown and Restart the tablet
- Wait for Wireless to Kick In
- Wait for System to Finish Loading

Open Android Market
- If it opens without an error GREAT!
- If it opens with the same error... give it a couple minutes or multiple tries at opening (it will go through)
- You may want to just wait for it to tell you there are updates in the Market

Last updated on Sept. 1, 2011 by GPCT Admin

Hi goaiah

Now you've got me worried as i was planning to update firmware to solve google play issue as per Demosenesramos. I'm wondering if we have the same problem. Was your issue that you could not load google play? Google Play loads fine for me but it could not download any apps. I've tried your method and even another "solution" where I updated the name of my device but nothing works. Google play loads fine, lets me browse through all their apps but it gets stuck on download. So that's why I was thinking of updating to a different firmware which is really worrying me...can you confirm we are talking about the same issue? As well, could you share with us what hazards you came across when you tried Demosenesramos's solution?

goaiah

Aug 27, 2012
When i tried his idea to update the firmware, the tablet crashed and wouldnt restart, I had to hold down the power button and the back arrow button to do a hard reset. It was a scarry 20 minutes. When i did the instructions i posted it worked almost immediatly, if stuff comes up and asks you to wait or close it, choose WAIT for all stuff. maybe i got lucky im not sure... here is there company phone number f the problems continues, or you wish to speak with someone directly, please feel free to call. Our toll free number is 1-866-777-0079. You can reach us during M-F, 9:30AM-6:00PM (EST).

Thank you again for your business. If you have any other questions, please let us know so that we may assist you.

leoo2001

Aug 28, 2012
I had absolutely same problem with google play in my new A13 tablet bought from here http://www.aliexpress . com/product-fm/601256754-Free-Shipping-9-Momo-9-Capacitive-android-4-0-tablet-pc-MID-Allwinner-A13-cortex-A8-wholesalers.html
Its named Momo9, but look exactly the same as in the video posted from demostenesramos. Tablet had internet and I was able to enter google play but the damn think didn't download at all. After some researching and a lot of trying I make it work only changing in advanced settings of my wi-fi router from 20MHz/40MHz to only 20MHz bandwidth then restarted both tablet & router and everything went just flawless. Problem went away thats why I supose that wi-fi of the tablet has some issues with some routers working at 802.11n. Hope this will help someone else. When I have some time will try to put MaPan firmware in order to overclock a little because this tablet really needs it.

leoo2001

Aug 28, 2012
I flashed with MaPan firmware as explained in the first posts. No problems so far, overclocked and running very well. Just remember to download MX913 Update Tool 2012 and install the drivers by pressing vol.+ when tablet is turned down.

calbokenny

Sep 4, 2012
I can't get the update software to find the tablet. (the one that is at Mai Pan. ) Also the Live Suit USB driver is not recognized my my puter. Using Win7. Would like to try flashing if i could get into the tablet.

calbokenny

Sep 4, 2012
I can't get the update software to find the tablet. (the one that is at Mai Pan. ) Also the Live Suit USB driver is not recognized my my puter. Using Win7. Would like to try flashing if i could get into the tablet.

I DID IT!!! Now to figure out the overclock thingy.