Factory Reset for Coby Kyros MID 8120

Jul 14, 2012
Hello Fellows,

Apparently I installed some app which is conflicting with the software. Sometimes the tablet starts, and when it does, a few seconds later the massage appears "Sorry! android.process.acore unexpectedly stopped. Force close". And it reboots, and the same thing happens over and over. Sometimes it only stays on the Android logo loading, and it reboots over and over.

I want to do a factory reset to erase the conflicting app I must have installed, and to format the system and start clean. How do I do that? I've looked at some posts showing combinations of buttons but that hasn't worked for me. When I try that the screen goes black and nothing happens. ADB isn't working wither because the PC won't recognize the tablet.

Any solution?

Jul 14, 2012
I managed to do it by pressing 'menu' key while the Android logo was loading. It started in 'Safe Mode'. After that I went to settings-about device-system updates-install from NAND.
It reboots and the screen with those four options appears. I just clicked on wipe data/factory reset and now it started pretty well

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks for letting everyone know how you solved the problem.:)