Factory Reset S7 Slim

aksoutherland

Sep 22, 2010
I was on the phone with Huawei today and learned how to do a factory reset when your touchscreen will not respond to anything.

With the unit powered off, press and hold volume+back key and press power button.

I have not yet tried to do this. If someone can confirm that it does work that would be great.

docfreed

Dec 4, 2010
Doesn't work - you go into fastboot. The screen then says "Press Home + Back" to reboot BUT, it never does. My new Slim is bricked because I installed Zeam launcher and now the screen is non-responsive. Can't do anything so back to Best Buy for an exchange or refund.

aksoutherland

Sep 22, 2010
If you have adb installed, you can use adb to remove zeam.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Android Tablet Forum

docfreed

Dec 4, 2010
Not posssible - doesn't respond 'cause I cannot get to the Settings>Applications>Development>set debugging screen!

drgncabe

Jul 5, 2011
Yea I got lucky with this one and was able to use adb to reboot into recovery (before I installed CWM, stock recovery resets it to defaults). Glad I enabled debugging mode.

You can use fastboot commands but I'm not sure if that'd be useful for me. Have you had any luck fixing this since your last post?

sr74dragan

Aug 14, 2011
I have a huawei ideos s7 slim, installing a new rom the phone is in safe mode, not a tach screen and the buttons do not work or home, back and menu. message on the screen is touch screen Celibration Plase follow the steps cerefully, press Menu, but does nothing. On phone start-leg to get into recovery mode but it can not move between items and to do something. who knows anything about this any help as soon as possibleon, i am in holiday and I would like to kill time on the Internet in a bech bar.

Last edited:

Cak_Salas

Aug 18, 2011
I was on the phone with Huawei today and learned how to do a factory reset when your touchscreen will not respond to anything.

With the unit powered off, press and hold volume+back key and press power button.

I have not yet tried to do this. If someone can confirm that it does work that would be great.

I was do had the same problem just like you, finnaly i've found the answer, it's SOLVED!!!

just download the original firmware here :
Huawei Firmware S7 - MoDaCo

i did this one :
http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/downLoadCenter?category=&flay=software&fileName=110721015118.zip&attachmentName=S7-201u%20V100R001C186B015(Indonesia%20XL%20Axiata).zip

because my device is Indonesian with XL (GSM Operator) bundled

extract the archive, put "unlmt.cfg" and "UPDATA.APP" in "dload" folder (you must create this folder in your root sd card)
then insert your sd card, power on, you'll see progress bar, wait untill OK

done!

your Huawei Ideos S7 Slim just like first time you bought.

(thank's to everyone who shared, and internet)

taskjo

Nov 3, 2011
I have the same prob. The touch screen won't respond and USB debugging is not enabled and cannot be enabled because I get to it anyway even using the adb. I tried the factory resetting (that is volume + power or volume+back+power) none worked. The screen just shows a progress bar and the three touch screen keys (back, menu and home keys) continue to blink forever. Can someone help me to reset this tablet? Pls I am looking seriously for a solution. This the second huawei tablet that I had this problem with. The first one I returned and got this one. I will have to take this back if I cannot find a solution this weekend.