Factory restore - battery

cwmagli

Feb 15, 2012
I am a happy user of the VTAB and am hoping someone can provide some relief to my battery charging issue. The charging of the VTAB is now taking 8+ hours to charge until the green light comes on. Previously it would take 4+ hours. I had contacted Vizio and they said to restore to factory default and see if this helps. My question is others seeing this type of length in charging the tablet and is there a good way to restore to factory defaults and then restore from a backup to get all the applications and data restored? I purchased a backup application to backup the device so I should be able to create a backup I can use.

Thanks for any help provided.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Are you using the stock charger? If you are using a usb port, generic charger or some other accessory, you might not be getting the full amps to charge quickly. Many usb ports only put out 0.5amps and you need 1.0-1.9amps to charge at the faster speeds. If using a non-stock charger you need to look for one that says it will charge iPads.

cwmagli

Feb 15, 2012
yes I am using the stock charger. I have read many posts that the usb charger does not change the device very quickly.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I did a factory reset for another issue and restoring your apps is no walk in the park. I have Backup Pro and everything restored, BUT the files still had to be reinstalled all 64. Also restoring your contacts from Google usually gives you duplicate contacts. Don't do a reset, that is the stock answer for every question that Vizio gives out. Do you have advance task killer on it? If not put that on, it's free and it will kill your stuff. I found out you MUST shut down before you charge or the charge takes forever and remember, when you charge it, the thing usually turns itself back on, so turn it off in the morning if you want to save your battery.

cwmagli

Feb 15, 2012
Thanks for this information. I was not very happy thinking I would need to reset the device knowing that I could restore most of the apps but it would be a challenge. I do exactly what you mention when charging the battery as other posts have said to make sure the device is completely off to get the best charge. I was hoping someone who had attempted this would respond and let me know how it went. I think I will just leave it alone and just accept a long charge time. I do have a battery operated charger that I use if i need to get some extra charge out of the tablet without an AC pulg in and this seems to charge the device much better than the stock charger. Again thanks for the information.