Fake battery percentage issue (30% offset)

mid

Aug 28, 2010
Hi. There were several similar topics but none solved the issue.
This is the problem scenario:

When I'm on battery power (say ~30%), and plug in the power adapter the battery state will quickly raise to 60%. If I remove the power adapter the battery will again drop ~30% down to ~30%.

When the tablet is fully charged and I unplug it, battery drops within a minute do ~70%.

I managed to get only 50min while draining the battery (movie played, wifi on, gps on).

I tried:
1. To drain the battery, flash a different firmware ; didn't work.
2. Tried charging it powered off ; didn't work.
3. Tried charging it while on ; didn't work.
4. Tried changing between 1568 and 1623 firmwares ; didn't help.
5. Tried wiping cache and data settings ; didn't help.

PS. My power icon is always flashing red when it's connected to the adapter, even when it's not charging anymore. I've got a wattmeter (kill-a-watt) attached to the device to observe the power load (while on: 6W in non-charging state, 12W while charging).

Does anyone have similar symptoms and at least an idea what could be causing this strange behavior?

Thnx in advance!

MrSmith317

Mar 16, 2011
I'm seeing similar on my FT3. I have battery indicator pro just to test this. The first 75% charges in under 30 minutes the last 25% takes about 2 hours. When it charges to 100% the device lasts about 4 hours. Anything less than 75% will give me about 20 minutes. This could probably be fixed with better firmware.

mid

Aug 28, 2010
I opened the tablet and found that one of my cells is swollen so I guess I'll have to buy na new cell or the whole pack.
Does anyone have any other source for our battery except ebay? (it's 40$ there).

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
Just for info, I have a SuperPad branded one and a WowPad one, one came in a blue box one a white box, both work the same, when charging the red light comes on and then goes off once fully charged. I was using the superpad one at the weekend with wifi off and from a full charge after 4.5 up hours I was down to 43%.

When charging with the pad turned on Batterylife widget shows it slowy increasing until fully charged, this charge then show the same once unpluged and drops slowly as it should.

So it would appear that some of the pads are reacting different to others, either due to faulty chargers or sub standard batterys.