Fast switching of App in Honeycomb

Kail

Mar 5, 2012
I have just noticed that if you touch and hold the home button, your previously openned apps will show up in an album view which you can scroll and select to go there!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
No, it appears to have been moved to the corner of the actual screen.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It's so sad. I actually love that border buttons.

I also think this is a mistake. Maybe there is an option to select which to use or have both.

It is ok to make buttons or not on future Android devices and let the buyer decide which model to buy. On current devices if they have buttons already then use the darn things!

devildog

Dec 22, 2011
Yeah, this is something that worked in Gingerbread, too.
I thought it might be something Vizio added when they put their skin over the native Os.
On the other hand, my phone (Samsung Dart) runs Gingerbread v.2.2.2 and it does the same thing.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Kail

Mar 5, 2012
The new home screen acts almost like the ipad. Each category is one screen which you can swipe left and right to get to. There also seems to have a one level stack on the home button...i.e. pressing the home button will go to the last category you were on.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The new home screen acts almost like the ipad. Each category is one screen which you can swipe left and right to get to. There also seems to have a one level stack on the home button...i.e. pressing the home button will go to the last category you were on.

I think this was a somewhat silly implementation to continue. I guess it just depends on which side of the line you fall but I like having Android Home screens instead of iPad ones. Of course there is an argument for the simplicity and beginner friendliness of such a layout.

devildog

Dec 22, 2011
Yeah, this is something that worked in Gingerbread, too.
I thought it might be something Vizio added when they put their skin over the native Os.
On the other hand, my phone (Samsung Dart) runs Gingerbread v.2.2.2 and it does the same thing.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Correction:
The Dart is actually running FROYO (android v.2.2.2), not Gingerbread.:eek:
So anyway this feature has been in android for a while.