Favor To Ask For The Dual Core Reviews

kwendland

May 18, 2012
particularly the video reviews.

I am a high school teacher in CA and we are looking to use tablets in the classroom. Clearly buying a dependable tablet for $120-$150 a piece is a lot more cost effective than the $400 iPad2. We have a Zenithink c91 upgrade, but since it is summer and there is a flood of dual core tablets hitting the market right now, we have some time to seriously look at them.

So my favor is that if you are making a video review of the new dual core tablets, could you (if possible) put an iPad2 next to it and compare it going to various websites or boot time? If I could show the administrators that these are just as fast (or close to it) then it would be a wiser purchase for the school and community.

Thanks in advance.

kwendland

May 18, 2012
oh one more thing, if you know of any videos of these dual core china tablets vs. an iPad2 or another mainstream tablet could you post it?

I have seen the Ramos vs. Transformer one...things like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

magician2905

May 31, 2012
I have a Ramos W17pro on order for testing purposes. This uses a Amlogic Dual Core CPU but it wouldn't necessarily be a good comparison say v the iPad 2 (or 3) due to the size - 7".
There are a number of Dual Core 9.7" and 10.1" Tablets starting to hit the market. Technically they have been on sale for about a month now but, the reality has been this has mostly been on a "pre-order" basis. Most prevalent amongst them is the RK3066 variant, but this was only certified as compatible with Android, by Google, last week so draw your own conclusions from that.
I would suggest that you do a web search for Window N90/Yuando N90 for 9.7" Tablets and Cube U30GT, Window N101/YuanDao N101 for 10.1". There are a few video reviews out there.

kwendland

May 18, 2012
why does it matter if it is certified as compatible by Google? Does it have something to do with the Play Store?

I have seen some Chinese & Russian video reviews...still waiting for some English ones to hit Youtube.

magician2905

May 31, 2012
Yup, its to ensure that everything plays nice within the Android community.

The Android Market actually checks that apps are/are not compatible with the specifics of the hardware you are trying to run it on or whether that app is restricted to a location. If the hardware isn't certified, ie cpu/other bits, it means that Android wont recognise it correctly and you end up with issues with apps etc.

Couple of examples of content restricted apps - Netflix you cant technically install the App in the UK as it is restricted to access from the US or perhaps you want to use BBCiplayer in the US, again you cant as only works in the UK.

kwendland

May 18, 2012
So is the rockchip set fine to have then now? I say this cause I really like the window n90

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012

markjc2002

Jul 17, 2012
Yup, its to ensure that everything plays nice within the Android community.

The Android Market actually checks that apps are/are not compatible with the specifics of the hardware you are trying to run it on or whether that app is restricted to a location. If the hardware isn't certified, ie cpu/other bits, it means that Android wont recognise it correctly and you end up with issues with apps etc.

Couple of examples of content restricted apps - Netflix you cant technically install the App in the UK as it is restricted to access from the US or perhaps you want to use BBCiplayer in the US, again you cant as only works in the UK.

actually this is a misconception... perpetuated by Google. If I "side-load" MANY MANY apps... that "the market" tells me are "incompatable" with my droids... they work just fine.
So why does Google "say" they are incompatable? It is simply a licensing thing...
Example: if you purchase a USA toll free number, it is possible to get it to work in only 1 state, 5 states, 50 states, 48 states....
Google license: USA only, USA & UK, UK only, china only, all but china...etc.
If the hardware isn't certified (for the license Google sold to your device manufacturer), ie cpu/other bits, it means that Android wont recognise your DEVICE as being able to access the market... it has NOTHING to do with the app working on your device at all.... manufacturers PAY google for you to access "the market/play google" with your device. AND ...and app developers pay google so your device can download the app.

again... NOTHING to do with HOW the app works or doesnt work on your device

all to do with the tier level...google licenses... and access your device has to the market... AND license your app provider has...

simply put: the ONLY "check" is... does your device manufacturer and the app creator have the same level of license from google, that is the ONLY compatability that is being checked. Google in NO WAY guarantees that an app will work on your device.

total CON job by google... why rooted devices especially, (but any device really) can run side-loaded apps... the "market" says were "incompatable" with your device.
Total BULL & con job by google.
EXAMPLE:
google "certified" the Ingenic XBurst JZ4770 SoC.... CPU
THIS CPU won't run hardly any friggin' apps at all. A lot of aps are not compatible (Adobe Flash Player, Skype, Fring, WhatsAp, Angry Birds, and many other games!....etc...
why did google "certify" the CPU???????... GOOGLE got paid the LICENSING fee... that is all.

Last edited:

Natey2

May 25, 2012
EXAMPLE:
google "certified" the Ingenic XBurst JZ4770 SoC.... CPU
THIS CPU won't run hardly any friggin' apps at all. A lot of aps are not compatible (Adobe Flash Player, Skype, Fring, WhatsAp, Angry Birds, and many other games!....etc...
why did google "certify" the CPU???????... GOOGLE got paid the LICENSING fee... that is all.

Are you saying that device fails Google's Compatibility Test Suite but got certified?
Ref: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41600

sauros73

Jul 15, 2012
Kwendland

For Ramos W17 Pro here is the best English review I found at that time:

Last edited by a moderator:

22roocat

Aug 14, 2012
hello 0P,

Sounds like you're really looking for a McPad N101, I got mine a few days ago and it's absolutely wonderful. In fact, I can't get off of it. I love it it does everything and it does everything beautifully. The screen is huge the keyboard is great it is wonderful voice activation on almost every application. It has a huge hard drive and you can out of 32 GB card to it it runs for about 10 hours on battery. The G sensor is great, very accurate. The Wi-Fi is simple to set up and use. Works great with HDMI onto my big-screen TV to show Netflix movies. Works wirelessly with my printer and other devices. The Bluetooth is great too.

I also got the leather case with it you can't beat it for $12.95. It only took four days to get to me from China to Tucson Arizona, and that's free shipping. It works great with Google play/android market. I am very impressed with this machine and I sell computers for a living and tablets are my main match niche so I use a lot of them and this is the best. I like it far better than the new iPad. The only thing I wish it had was a built-in G3/4, but can't have everything and it's easy enough to get a dongle.

The camera gets a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it it's great. I definitely recommend getting the office Pro to go with it ( it comes with the trial version) it only cost $14.95 on Google play. That's nothing when you compare it to Microsoft Office and this does exactly the same thing. So far it's worked fine with all of my files both documents and photos of all types. I am very impressed with this tablet I don't think I'll ever give it up and I can't wait to show it off this week and get more buyers for it. I already have five people that want to buy one from me. I am a reseller for Mc Bub.

I hope this gives you all the information that you need to make an informed decision. It's well worth the money, be sure and get the gray leather cover and the screen protectors. Also get a 32 GB microc SD card, they have them for a good price. Don't bother with the holder, it's just for a few want to use it attached to the back of your driver seat neck rest in the car, so someone in the back seat can use it. Not worth it. Orders soon and get your free gift. I hope you get one soon, you'll really love it. You'll also really regret it if you don't get one.

Take care,

roocat

PS it is black not white. JK