Favorite Apps / Games for the Acer?

KiwiNessie

May 9, 2011
So far I am happy that ADW Launcher Ex and Folder Organizer play nice on the tablet. I have the folder main menu as a widget on my home screen.

Jress

May 9, 2011
Apps organizer, thumb keyboard, moboplayer, thomoson Reuters news pro, USA today, jet stunt car, and let's golf.

Waiting for Riptide gp. Always was a fan of waverace64.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

mantrajt

May 8, 2011
Try file station for tablet. It replaced file manager for me.

Enviado desde mi A500 usando Android Tablet Forum

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Wow File Station is sweet -

** EDIT ** - actually, File Station is crashing my Acer... when I try to get to the Mount folder and add as a favorite. Back to HD I think for me, for now.

Also, just a question about the Tomosan Reuters news app... Does it do anything "Pulse" doesn't, if you just have Reuters as a source? I like the Pulse app, but my main compliant is that it doesn't play video's inline. It does show you that there are videos to play, but then I actually have to go to the web to see them.

Does the Reuters app play inline vid?

Last edited:

Coladog

May 9, 2011
Any way to tell which apps/games will work on our tabs? The HD apps seem to work the best. Most of the other are written for android phones and if they load the graphics are stretched out so much they look grainy and distorted.

rkka93

May 5, 2011
Also, check out TedAir... it was just updated today, so now it works on the Acer!

I admit its a little dorky... but its instant access to hundreds if talks from experts. From the TED conferences. Worth a look if you like watching experts speak about what they know. Boring for anyone else. For me, so glad they updated it to work on 3.0.

This seems pretty interesting. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
@rlla03 -- Yeah - watch the one about "Filter Bubbles", came out April 2011... should be on page one. I found that fascinating. (forgot to quote)

mantrajt

May 8, 2011
File station works fine for me. By the way, andchat is honeycomb compatible ...the only irc for HC I have found.

Enviado desde mi A500 usando Android Tablet Forum

Jress

May 9, 2011
Wow File Station is sweet -

** EDIT ** - actually, File Station is crashing my Acer... when I try to get to the Mount folder and add as a favorite. Back to HD I think for me, for now.

Also, just a question about the Tomosan Reuters news app... Does it do anything "Pulse" doesn't, if you just have Reuters as a source? I like the Pulse app, but my main compliant is that it doesn't play video's inline. It does show you that there are videos to play, but then I actually have to go to the web to see them.

Does the Reuters app play inline vid?

The Reuters app does not have video. I like it mostly due to the fact it allows you to download all the news stories for offline reading. Similar to handmark express news. Great for travel.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

stone005

Aug 24, 2011
My favorite Tamil app is the best one for learn Tamil ....because it provides information about basic letters and example words appropriate for those letters along with audio pronunciation in the back ground...so easy to learn Tamil language