Few problems, maybe someone can help!

helios

May 15, 2011
Hey everyone,

I sold my old iPad and got an a500, and it was definitely worth it. I'm having a few odd problems with it, so I'm hoping that maybe some of you can help.

For some reason, I can't access the storage on the tablet by plugging it in to my computer. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate N, but it just comes up as an unknown device. I tried downloading the USB drivers from Acer, but it doesn't help.

The screen comes on now and then when I put it to sleep. I think I've heard of others with this issue, but no idea how to fix it.

Is there any fix to the Cell Standby issue? The battery life is somewhat dismal compared to my iPad.

Thanks for any help!

xandor

Aug 25, 2010
I got mine the other day, so I don't know much on the issues, however I did read something about the cell standby.

Someone contacted Acer support and was told it was part of the system and couldn't be removed...but may be looked at in the future. The only issue I have right now is the length of the power cord, but that's dealt with by extension cables...

dutchie

May 18, 2011
For some reason, I can't access the storage on the tablet by plugging it in to my computer. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate N, but it just comes up as an unknown device. I tried downloading the USB drivers from Acer, but it doesn't help.

Follow this post for usb issues: http://www.AndroidTablets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15095

Connect A500 to computer

The screen comes on now and then when I put it to sleep. I think I've heard of others with this issue, but no idea how to fix

As I've seen in other posts, this is from apps that run in the background updating. Try an app like Advanced Task Killer and kill all apps when you're not using the device.