Finally Got My 7127

RichS

Nov 18, 2011
First off, thanks to all who post here!
I picked this up yesterday, and it had up and running in no time. Android Market, Netflix, Angry Birds
all working quite well. I even had the case/keyboard delivered a few days ago, I like it better then typing
on the screen. This fills the void of having an Android 2.1 phone, having a blast with the live wallpaper.
This tab is a little quirky, but overall I am very pleased with it.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
So it was a good purchase then? How do you like the speakers? Do you use headphones with it? We're looking at this model or the MID7022. I appreciate you posted RichS! So the netflix runs smoothly too? No sound synching issues? So pleased to hear it all functions well. :D

RichS

Nov 18, 2011
For me, yes it was a good purchase. Well i guess like most tablets, the speakers are small (no real bass), but i'm not crazy about the speakers in my laptop either. I prefer headphones or portable speakers. Sometimes I hook up my phone to my home stereo and think it sounds great. As this is my first tablet I wouldn't know how to compare it to the 7022, I'm pretty sure I would be happy with that one as well. As far as Netflix goes it's certainly not the best video quality i've seen, like some downloaded Youtube clips. When I first start watching a show on Netflix it starts out washed out or pixelated, but in a minute or so it smoothes out and is good enough for me. (still some pixelation)but for me watchable. Maybe I will "upgrade" my version.:) TV.com looks nice if you like any of their programing. The videos I converted and copied to sd card are the best imo. I like to sit out on the back porch and watch movies. BTW my router is in the front of the house and I get two bars, so im happy.
O.K., now back to watching santas floating on my home screen.
Reminds me of flying toasters, ahh those were the days.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
LOL @ the flying toasters! :D I remember that screensaver. Two bars on your back porch? That's killer! I really think this is the machine for us. I think the MID7127 is nice and all (boy do I wish I had one) but it's too new for it to have the same kind of custom ROMs that the MID7022 has out for it. Did you convert any 1080p or just 720p? or less then that? I really appreciate your posting about all this, because I have been actively researching both models and other Coby's for well over a week now and we're still not quite ready to commit to one yet. :D But I think it's going to work out to be the MID7022. :D Which keyboard case did you go with? :)

Hubby is just looking to watch converted videos, do google news and light surfing basically, so maybe the 7127 is the right choice, I don't know. But I like the battery life on this model better then then 7022, how long have you gotten on it so far? I heard they doubled the capacity on the battery due to people complaining about it on on the other models. :)

Last edited:

RichS

Nov 18, 2011
Well, if I wanted to root I would go with the 7022, but this thing does what I want it to do for now, and was $10 cheaper than the 7022 when I ordered it. I haven't made any HD videos. I usually just record to a DVD, pop it in the computer, convert, and transfer to my device. While not "HD", the picture to me is very clear. I did "upgrade" Netflix to an earlier version, and watched a movie this afternoon, and it looked fine. I then watched a couple of tv shows, for a total of about three hours before the battery was all used up.
Which to me isn't bad considering it's using WiFi. I Haven't yet tried it without Wifi, maybe i'll try that tomorrow. I did order a portable charger that uses AA batteries, so will see how that works out. The keyboard/case was a cheap one on Amazon for $14. While not very stylish, to me it is very functional. I like the kickstand in the back. Just have to bend the tabs on it for a snug fit. I enjoy using my tablet, and think whichever model you decide on, you will too.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks RichS! I think so too! I think three hours would work fine, and since you're doing the things on it we'd be doing, I am finding a change of heart, yet again, with the pendulum swinging back into the MID7127's corner. What do you think of the touchscreen? Pretty responsive? Man I can't wait to get one of these! Trying to convince hubby we want to spend the extra 70 on this machine, as opposed to a resistive touch Coby like the MID7012. I think he wouldn't be happy with that type of touch screen. Thanks again for all the info you've shared RichS! Much appreciated! :D

Daphne

Nov 22, 2011
I swear Pamster I feel like I am following you around on here :p I am looking to do the same things too as you know since you have pointed me to some great info thanks again.
Richs thanks for the review on this one I too like that it is $10 cheaper, I am looking to buy 3 tablets so it adds up and it sounds like this one fits the bill. I just wish it was cheaper hahaha I originally wanted to spend under $100 on 2 of the tablets and $150 on the third.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
I am glad to help, it's great this board is here for people to gather and share information and tips and links to products too! It's just awesome, I didn't know squat about tablets until I came here. :D I don't know if we'll be waiting til after Christmas to order ours, but we're going to be getting the MID7127, unless hubby changes his mind again. ;) I think this device will do just what we need it to. :D I hope they drop a little in price by the time we order though, but if not I still think the device is worth $170.

RichS

Nov 18, 2011
I went through the same thing. I saw a tablet for like $70 and thought hey at that price why not! Then I started reading reviews, the more I read the more I didn't want one. So I started looking at more expensive ones. Completely ignoring the Cobys. I then looked at some video reviews on Youtube and was impressed with what people were doing with their Kyros's. That and this board helped me to make my decision.
I haven't used a resistive screen. My phone is capacative, and I read somewhere that if you are used to a capacitive screen, you probably won't like resistive. That's how I made my choice on that. Who knows? I'm sure there are people who perfer a resistive screen. As far as the 7012 I might be a little more concerned about the processor and ram. However, there are people running Netflix (seems to be my benchmark):) with those specs. IMO if you can swing the extra $50 or $70 than go for it, but if it's going to put you in a pinch then I would go for the lesser expensive models. I was contemplating getting the 10" screen, but the $80 extra was to much for me.
You have probably been here but, here is a link to the user manuals for these tablets
Coby Kyros Support | COBY
I wish everyone good luck in making their decision.

ThatJester

Nov 30, 2011
Hey, you mentioned you got the Android Market running on yours... May I ask how you did that? Getting a 7127 in a few days.

RichS

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome, you have aready taken the first step just being here.
Before I received my 7127 I watched this video:

and read this thread(well not all of it)
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-got-market-working-7022-without-rooting.html

This worked fine for my 7127. When I received my tablet, I just played the video following along with it, and pausing if I needed to. Only had minor trouble in that I didn't unzip the files I wanted to install. I already had a Google account, so I signed in, and was installing my favorite apps in no time.
Hope you enjoy your tablet. There is a lot of good info in this forum that has helpped me with my tablet.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatJester

Nov 30, 2011
Welcome, you have aready taken the first step just being here.
Before I received my 7127 I watched this video:

and read this thread(well not all of it)
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-got-market-working-7022-without-rooting.html

This worked fine for my 7127. When I received my tablet, I just played the video following along with it, and pausing if I needed to. Only had minor trouble in that I didn't unzip the files I wanted to install. I already had a Google account, so I signed in, and was installing my favorite apps in no time.
Hope you enjoy your tablet. There is a lot of good info in this forum that has helpped me with my tablet.

Awesome, thanks! In what order did you install the files? The video and thread differ on which to install when.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Congrats on your decision to get the MID 7127 ThatJester! Glad you found the board here and joined us too. It's even better that that video on installing the market works on the 7127! That is great to hear RichS! Thanks for sharing the info that that technique did the trick. :D

RichS

Nov 18, 2011
I installed in the same order as the video.
1. OneTimeInitializer
2. SetupWizard
3. GoogleServicesFramework
I skipped Gmail, Maps, Talk

4. Vending

Did the reboot, and then went to the market to install some of my favorite apps.
The next day I installed Maps, then Gmail. I haven't installed Talk yet.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Awesome RichS! I am really delighted to hear you got the market running on this device. I hope hubby will take my advice and think about the 7127 for his tablet purchase. ;) I think he'd skip the same things you did on the installation of the market. If he'd even go that far. Are you still happy with this purchase a few days after the fact?