Finally Got My 7127

RichS

Nov 18, 2011
Definitely! Netflix is working well. Had it out on the porch again watching a blues concert. I hooked up some computer speakers and a subwoffer,
and had a party on the patio.:D Converted some DVDs I made, just transfered them now. Listened to a station from Texas using the Tune in Radio app. Have three different internet browsers, not sure which I like best. Maybe I'll keep them all. Moboplayer on this thing is nice, I like adjusting the volume by sliding my finger up and down on the screen, and the ability to change the video to fullscreen. However it sometimes reboots the tablet, I guess if I just left the darn thing alone it wouln't do that.:p Sorry if I sound like a commercial, but that's what im doing with this thing.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
You don't sound like a commercial to me and I am really interested in how well you're liking your new tablet, I hope that we enjoy our new one when the times comes, as much as you are enjoying yours! :D I am just tickled to hear that your 7127 is working out so well for you RichS! :D

LiquidFire187

Dec 5, 2011
Hey, I was planning on getting A Coby Kyros MID7127 soon, could you let me know if the "Accelerometer" works with games from the Android Market? Thanks in Advance!

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi LiquidFire187,

Welcome to the board, glad you could join us, I am sure RichS will be back to reply about that use of the tablet for you soon. :D I like the model too, if hubby wanted a 7" tablet it would be the one we'd purchase. However he's told me a couple of times he wants the 10" screen size so it's the 1125 for him. ;)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks for posting that Rich, and congratulations on your new tablet.:cool:

LiquidFire187

Dec 5, 2011
If you're looking for an affordable tablet but don't want a 7" inch screen...Might I suggest the Vizio Tablet? It's priced fairly at around $200-$250 (maybe even $230..) has full access to the Android Market without any tweaks, Built in Universal Remote App, and has a much better front facing camera compared to the Coby's line of products. BUT it only is an 8" inch screen. But... I like the 1125 as well. For me though, the price and the sleek look the 7127 is the right choice... I can't wait to get my hands on it! I desperately searched Youtube.com for Video reviews...can't find one on the 7127! And most of the Kyros Reviews on youtube are of the older generation. (Mostly with resistive screens so it's not fair to judge off of those.)

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks for your suggestion on the vtab. I do think that we're going to buy the 1125 though, it might not have the official android market on it but hubby isn't app crazy, he just wants it to watch videos, listen to music and surf like google news and youtube all of which the 1125 will do nicely. :D I looked at the Vtab but I don't know where they sell them honestly. ;)

LiquidFire187

Dec 5, 2011
Thanks for your suggestion on the vtab. I do think that we're going to buy the 1125 though, it might not have the official android market on it but hubby isn't app crazy, he just wants it to watch videos, listen to music and surf like google news and youtube all of which the 1125 will do nicely. :D I looked at the Vtab but I don't know where they sell them honestly. ;)

For awhile Amazon.com had them listed for $200, AMAZING price. But they also sold out very fast. I believe they're back up to $250 now. If they were still $200 they would be my go to tablet. But I am impressed with Coby's ablility to bring (some) good tablets to consumers at an affordable price.

RichS

Nov 18, 2011
Hey, I was planning on getting A Coby Kyros MID7127 soon, could you let me know if the "Accelerometer" works with games from the Android Market? Thanks in Advance!

Yes, and no. I tried a few different games.
Maze was ok. You balance the ball on a board trying to avoid the holes.
Raging Thunder. You race a car. This is were I had trouble, I couln't steer, I kept going left. Now I tried a two more games, Snowboard, and Speedx 3D. From theese I determined that if I wanted to steer right I had to tilt the tablet forward, to go left tilt back (or towards me). It's "playable", but not natural. There may be a fix for this. I have only had this tablet for a week so i'll see. This is not a deal breaker for me though. Perhaps a new thread on this subject would be a good idea, as I have not had the time to look into it further.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
In Settings -> Advanced settings, maybe there is one option to change the gravity sensor between phone and pad modes (vertical or horizontal modes), there is for MID1024. It may help. Some games think that thta tablet has a gyroscope which it lacks, and these won't work so far.

rnshagam

Dec 6, 2011
Yes, and no. I tried a few different games.
Maze was ok. You balance the ball on a board trying to avoid the holes.
Raging Thunder. You race a car. This is were I had trouble, I couln't steer, I kept going left. Now I tried a two more games, Snowboard, and Speedx 3D. From theese I determined that if I wanted to steer right I had to tilt the tablet forward, to go left tilt back (or towards me). It's "playable", but not natural. There may be a fix for this. I have only had this tablet for a week so i'll see. This is not a deal breaker for me though. Perhaps a new thread on this subject would be a good idea, as I have not had the time to look into it further.

My new (less than a day) Coby MID7127 has an accelerometer (or tilt/orientation sensor) that's a bit disappointing, so far. A bubble level/compass app that I downloaded doesn't appear to work at all. Switching between landscape and portrait often requires a good tap on the tablet--is this normal behavior? I need to play around some more.

By the way, the U-Tube video on installing Android Market and some other apps (Google Maps) was great--I just followed along on my computer and installed the apps as I watched the video. Android App Market seems to work just fine.

Gam3r_4_Life

Dec 8, 2011
I just got my 7127 and I have a quick question. Where is the status indicator? I know theres usually a led somewhere, or in the status bar but I cant see anything other than going into settings/ about to see the battery is actually charging and its percentage. The manual says this "The Status Indicator will light blue when the battery is charged fully." I cant find any light on the tablet or the charger. So Im wondering if I got one with a bad led? Thanks for the help.

Update: I found this under support on Coby's website "The initial charge on the battery should be overnight prior to the first use. After the initial charge, please refer to the set up guide for assistance. The Status Indicator will light orange when the tablet is charging. The Status Indicator will light green when the tablet is fully charged"

So Im thinking that they just got the colors wrong, because I do see a green battery icon in the notification area, so this must be it. I got confused because they said blue in the instructions so I thought there was a separate led somewhere for a charging indication.

Last edited: