Finally Got My 7127

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
No status light, just a "charging" one. It blinks red while charging the battery and goes steady ble when charged (it's how it works in my MID1024).

It it could be charged via USB (it doesn't) it would be much easier to use it on a car. But there is a hack for 7022 that should work for 7127 as long as it's 5V and you use a charger with enough power: build a USB to DC-in. See a thread about it in the acessories section for Gen 2 Coby.

Gam3r_4_Life

Dec 8, 2011
No status light, just a "charging" one. It blinks red while charging the battery and goes steady ble when charged (it's how it works in my MID1024).

It it could be charged via USB (it doesn't) it would be much easier to use it on a car. But there is a hack for 7022 that should work for 7127 as long as it's 5V and you use a charger with enough power: build a USB to DC-in. See a thread about it in the acessories section for Gen 2 Coby.

Hey could you please link me to that. I checked several threads there and couldnt find one that had actual building of the adapter. Thanks

Gam3r_4_Life

Dec 8, 2011
Hey are you guys able to get the new android market working? Because mine was stuck on the old with no way to update. So I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it using the current apk and I kept getting force closes. So I had to uninstall that and go back to the old just to get it to work.

Gam3r_4_Life

Dec 8, 2011
Another question. Has anyone been able to get google calendar to work and sync. Ive read several threads about similar Coby Kyros's getting it to work, but I tried for hours and it would never sync. Pretty much gave up.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-accessories/21929-usb-charger.html

Market - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...arket-kyros-1125-a.html?highlight=market+1125 or any thread about installing on 8125/8127/1125 should work.

I would install an old version and also MarketUpdater.apk so it will self-update to a newer version that is compatible. Newer versions work best on tablets only when LCD density is set to 160dpi (needs rooting on Telechips based tablets AFAIK).

To sync calendar, you also need to install GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk when installing GoogleServicesFramework.apk, before you reboot tablet. There are other threads about it, you need a version for Android 2.3.3, preferably from the same package you got GoogleServicesFramework from.

Gam3r_4_Life

Dec 8, 2011
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-accessories/21929-usb-charger.html

Market - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...arket-kyros-1125-a.html?highlight=market+1125 or any thread about installing on 8125/8127/1125 should work.

I would install an old version and also MarketUpdater.apk so it will self-update to a newer version that is compatible. Newer versions work best on tablets only when LCD density is set to 160dpi (needs rooting on Telechips based tablets AFAIK).

To sync calendar, you also need to install GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk when installing GoogleServicesFramework.apk, before you reboot tablet. There are other threads about it, you need a version for Android 2.3.3, preferably from the same package you got GoogleServicesFramework from.

Hey Im sorry to bother you again. I found a Googlecalendarsyncadapter.apk for my version (2.3.3), and I reset my 7127 to factory, and reinstalled googleservicesframework, then the calendar adapter, but everytime I try to install it it says not installed. Im not sure what Im doing wrong here.

I think I figured out the calendar. The caledar apk is not part of the google services framework I am using. The files Im using are from this youtube video because other people with the 7127 said they were able to get the market and gmail working from it. Heres a link to the video.

So Im now searching for a calendar apk to match the 2.3.5 calendar updater apk I have.

Last edited by a moderator:

fisherprice

Dec 11, 2011
Hello everyone! I am a new owner of a coby kyros 7127 and thank you for the instructions on install the android market. I am having an issue that I was wondering if you may know how to correct? Whenever I attempt to download any app from the android market it gives me an error message stating the install was unsuccessful. Anyone please help.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
So Im now searching for a calendar apk to match the 2.3.5 calendar updater apk I have.

I think you meant "Calendar Sync Adapter"? It's not a good idea to use a different version from the one of the Calendar.apk/CalendarProvider.apk that came pre-installed in your tablet, it may break something. Try to install the same version as both, and a GoogleServicesFramework that's is equal or higher. And remember that it may fail to install if you have already installed GoogleServicesFramework and rebooted already. If you have, you will need to uninstall/remove it that start all over again. If everything else fails, you will need rooting and then copy the missing files to /system/app.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hello everyone! I am a new owner of a coby kyros 7127 and thank you for the instructions on install the android market. I am having an issue that I was wondering if you may know how to correct? Whenever I attempt to download any app from the android market it gives me an error message stating the install was unsuccessful. Anyone please help.

Try going to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications, select All, look for both GoogleServicesFramework and Market, open each and use "Clear data", reboot tablet and try again.

Dec 12, 2011
Can I ask a silly question?
A 7127 is being delivered today, so I am looking around for any and all info on what
I should do before doing anything on the tab (besides charging it). I see so many threads
about installing the Market App.
Can this device not go to the Market on the internet and just download from there?

BTW, new girl here. . .got the 7127 myself after also ordering a 1127 and the 7012 and 7024
for the kids. Seems everyone is getting tablets this year for Christmas. . .

Thanks!
Ginny/imagesinthewind

Last edited:

Jennielou

Dec 13, 2011
Congrats! I just got my 7127 a couple weeks ago! Enjoying it so far and still learning.The market still needs to be tied to your device. So no, you can't really just access the web version of the market and download stuff. It has to have somewhere to go. It has to be registered either way.You can sideload apps by searching for apks, or using the getjar market which it will come with, and isn't too bad, but doesn't have everything. You can download the Amazon market also, and it's nice to have that variety cuz sometimes an app won't work for you one place but will from another.Someone with more technical savvy can chime in, that's just my experience so far....P.S. installing those files for the market really isn't that hard, I read the thread and watched the video, jotted down the info for myself and that's the first thing I did when I got it.http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...market-working-7022-without-rooting-3.htmlThe best explanation is there...and the video and files are probably on page one of that thread. Sorry everything is scrunched together...

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2011
Thanks! I got it today, but since it's a Christmas gift, I may have to leave it in the box for
12 more days. Got my son a 7012 and my daughter a 7024. Can't wait to get them all open!
Ginny

Update:
I took it out of the box and charged it overnight. Then I went and got some of the apps I like
and tooled around on it before putting it back in the box. Maybe I'll wrap it on Christmas Eve. . .so far, I really like it. It seems well built, lighter than the Galaxy Tab I was thinking of getting.

Last edited:

melw25

Dec 16, 2011
I just got a 7127 and would like to add android market, Netflix and others as well... how did you do this, mine will not allow me it says phone not detected.

Thanks in advance...