Finally Got My 7127

Dec 12, 2011
So, I have Android Market, but would like Amazons App Market.
I want Kindle and a few others I can only find in Amazon.

How do I do that?
Thanks!
Ginny

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
So, I have Android Market, but would like Amazons App Market.
I want Kindle and a few others I can only find in Amazon.

How do I do that?

Huh? You should be able to download Kindle app from Market. If you can't find it, probably you're using an outdated version or you need to do the 160dpi fix trick.

Installing Amazon store is a simple matter of visiting their website, download the app and install it.

norcaljim

Dec 20, 2011
How did you get past the issue of it not unzipping the downlaoded file? I have this issue as well. Very new to android so it is difficult to figure out how to do normally easy tasks like move a file to another location or unzip to a certain folder. Sorry for the very basic questions. Do you know of a video or website where android basics is described? Sounds like I need that before doing more. Any thoughts on rooting the 7127? Do you think it is necessary and is it safe? Would rather not void the warranty but if it really makes a huge difference it might be worth it. Thanks.

norcaljim

Dec 20, 2011
How did you get past the issue of it not unzipping the downlaoded file? I have this issue as well. Very new to android so it is difficult to figure out how to do normally easy tasks like move a file to another location or unzip to a certain folder. Sorry for the very basic questions. Do you know of a video or website where android basics is described? Sounds like I need that before doing more. Any thoughts on rooting the 7127? Do you think it is necessary and is it safe? Would rather not void the warranty but if it really makes a huge difference it might be worth it. Thanks.​

Dec 26, 2011
just ever netflix app i download...none of them work...i downloaded an apk file for netflix and it started like it was working then said i needed an update and never went past that even after it said the update was 100%

Brieezy

Dec 25, 2011
This video from thekwa is super helpful for the Android Market: How To Install Android Market on Colby MID7127 - YouTube'm having troubled getting Netflix to run on my rooted 8127. It keeps saying my device is not compatible. How did the OP get Netflix running?

jamajessie

Dec 27, 2011
Got the android market downloaded on m colby 7012 but it keeps askig me to add an account to continue when i clck ad acount it just closes.what can i do?

JustmeSDC

Dec 27, 2011
I was not able to use the Android Market, I had to install and use Amazon apps. on my 7012. If you check for the devices compatible with Android Market, Coby is not one of them.

LiquidFire187

Dec 5, 2011
Hey, you mentioned you got the Android Market running on yours... May I ask how you did that? Getting a 7127 in a few days
2.jpg

Watch this video and download the files in the description onto your 7127:
How install android market on coby Kyros 7022 - YouTube But don't get your hopes up once you download it, all I get from the market is "Your device is not compatible with this application" Really disappointing, I will most likely be returning my tablet.

rednkgrl

Dec 28, 2011
Hi all, I got this for my daughter for christmas, and other than not having android market on it, we love it! Its fast, fun, touchscreen very responsive and (best of all) she can even play on nickjr on this! She loves that she can draw pics and send them instantly to her gparents! I do have a couple questions tho, for anyone who can answer. I'd like to put some of her movies on this, but how do I convert them from dvd to mp4? And, is it easy to install market? I really dont want to ruin her tablet or void the warrenty, but if this works well I may get one for myself!

Also, if I follow the video for installing marketplace, do I have to reset my tablet to factory settings? I'll lose evrything I have on it, right? How can I avoid that or just reinstall it all? Thanks!

Last edited: