Finding a file path

droidnoob

Aug 22, 2011
Hi folks,

Per my username, I've got a real newbie question for you. I'm trying to open a swf directly in the browser, but I don't know the file path/ hierarchy of droid. The file I'm looking for is in the internal storage in the folder "Download." So I imagine it's something like 'file://internal storage/downlaod' but that doesn't quite get it.

Any thoughts?

jaamgans

Jun 6, 2011
Have you tried downloading an explorer like Astro etc (not sure what Pad you are using and what Android version its on) - use that to search for the file and then you can launch it from the results.

droidnoob

Aug 22, 2011
You're right, I haven't been clear enough on what I'm trying to do. I'm on a Toshiba Thrive on Andoird 3.0, and I have a SWF that I'd like to open. It doesn't seem to be working well with the SWF apps I've downloaded so I wanted to try opening it directly through the web browser. It doesn't bring up the option to do that so I was going to try just putting the file path into the URL bar in the browser. Of course, I don't know the file path or exactly how they look in Android.