Firmware for 10.1" Polaroid 40500

BertieDastard

Nov 25, 2013
Hi All,
I'm brand new to the forum after buying a "spares or repairs" Polaroid 40500.

I managed to get it up and running (was a bad solder on the screen power supply) but now i need to get in to it!

Its got the previous owners pass pattern and they cant remember it so the only solution i can see is to flash the firmware, however, on the Southern Telecom site i cant see any reference to a 40500 or POL40500.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

BertieDastard

Nov 25, 2013
Thanks Spider.
I tried the standard combinations and only PWR+VolDwn and PWR+VolUp+VolDwn seemed to stop it booting to patternpass screen but both brought up the little green man who promptly fell over and had a red exclamation mark on him.....

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Thanks Spider.
I tried the standard combinations and only PWR+VolDwn and PWR+VolUp+VolDwn seemed to stop it booting to patternpass screen but both brought up the little green man who promptly fell over and had a red exclamation mark on him.....

That should be recovery. Try tapping the back/vol buttons and see if you get recovery text.

If so, you can factory/data reset. But, this thread might get you in without factory reset:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-tablets/58892-pattern_password_pin_reset.html