FIRMWARE RELEASES: firmware files, benefits and bugs for the Flytouch2 v2 /Superpad 2

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
I there,

I'am a little bit confused... Is this firmware for flytouch II or III i see that the title said flytouch II but several links points to flutouch III name… can someone answers?

If it is for flutouch II any of this firmware can be put in this model:

Model Number: SAWEE Pad
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1 v1.9:#2852
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 infotm-sqainfotm-sqa desktop #50
Build Number: wwe 10-eng 2.1-update ERE27 eng.infotm-sqa.20110109.165019 test-keys

I seek for portuguese language pack in some of this firmware.

Best Regards

I think the one your looking for can be found here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...android2-1-stable-smooth-fast-unofficial.html

I downloaded it to my flytouch 2 a couple weeks ago & it's much better then the original OS.. double check the link above & make sure you have a regular Superpad flytouch 2 ( has 2 micro sd card slots) the flytouch 3 only has one. Lots of info on that thread & you should have no trouble getting it loaded. God Luck!

Last edited:

scar0x

Sep 15, 2010
Hi,

I have a flytouch 3 here. I have opened the device and upgraded the built in memory from 4gb to 16gb card.

I have then just flashed the device with the latest firmware. Update procedure was sucessfull and it said it made partitions for the 16gb micro sd card.

I then check the partitions. Under My pad icon i see 10.51GB and under settings>storage i see 3.3GB

Now i have one issue. Android market does not work. I try and download an app using the built in app. it get the following error message. "sorry there is not enough space to isntall this item"

If i go to android market using my web browser on the tablet i can download and install fine. But the built in app does not work.

HAs anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

Kind Regards
Scar

rpires

Apr 23, 2011
I think the one your looking for can be found here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...android2-1-stable-smooth-fast-unofficial.html

I downloaded it to my flytouch 2 a couple weeks ago & it's much better then the original OS.. double check the link above & make sure you have a regular Superpad flytouch 2 ( has 2 micro sd card slots) the flytouch 3 only has one. Lots of info on that thread & you should have no trouble getting it loaded. God Luck!

Thanks ftanl, but i already flash thar firmware and beside the fact that it is better than the original it still dont have Portuguese Language. My friend who as the tablet can understand english and need the portuguese language pack that i cant find in any of the firmware available.

In my previous tablet also flytouch II i had a firmware that works but it is not compatible with this SAWEE Pad.

I am in trouble only for a simple problem that is the language pack... can anyone help me on this?

Regards

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Now i have one issue. Android market does not work. I try and download an app using the built in app. it get the following error message. "sorry there is not enough space to isntall this item"
This is a bug with android market. You must have LESS THAN 2.1 GB of free space on the internal card. As soon as there is more free space than this, you get that error. I am sure they will fix this soon. Painfull.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Thanks ftanl, but i already flash thar firmware and beside the fact that it is better than the original it still dont have Portuguese Language. My friend who as the tablet can understand english and need the portuguese language pack that i cant find in any of the firmware available.

In my previous tablet also flytouch II i had a firmware that works but it is not compatible with this SAWEE Pad.

I am in trouble only for a simple problem that is the language pack... can anyone help me on this?

Regards

Sorry rpires, this forum is for the FT2V2 (Or FT3 as many people call it.) We do not have the experience in your device (FT2). You'd be better off posting a thread in the FT2 section: Gome Flytouch II Firmware

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Please Note: Some of the latest flytouch pads coming out of china have a different screen & resolution. They are 1024x576 instead of 1024x600. Almost all of these firmware ROMs have been designed solely for the 1024x600 resolution, so you will get screen res issues when you use them. Tim's ROM 3b onwards deals with this issue. here are the notes for Tim's rom:

Different screen size
As you might have seen recently there are different screen flavor or flytouch3 coming out: 1024x600 and 1024x576 res.
As a general rule Do not flash another bootloader onto your pad. It is not needed for regular updates.

Now if you have kept your original bootloader, be it that you have a x576 or x600 screen ,
starting from ROM Tim-3b , simply flash the ROM by putting the files firmware2 and firmware-discovery onto your SD as usual.

If you have a x600 screen it should work out of the box.
If you have a x576 screen you will see an "offset" for your screen, simply launch the GScript application, scroll at the bottom and click on the 1024x576 fix. then reboot.
That should be all, you have to do that only once :)
If ever it goes wrong, well that means that you have most likely flashed another bootloader before.
Just put the bootloader for your screen and reflash the rom in that case.

barneyat

May 2, 2011
Can anyone explain how to enable USB debugging , I am running Tims 3a which is A1. I can not find settings/applications/development

thanks

giraffa338

Apr 29, 2011
Hi Chandos,
please, I got this model (Specs), running Android 2.2 Kernel= 2.6.32.9 build=FRF85B.
Having troubles with 3G USB KEY DONGLE (HUAWEI E1692).
I Try to install firmware "20110501 (CUSTOM ROM: Tim: Release 3b. Based off the 20110430 and 20110419 TCH ROM and 0408 (Dutch ROM))" as indicated in your post putting firmware2 + firmware-discovery in the root of a bootable SDCARD formatted as FAT32.
Poweron the Apad, it says to remove SDCARD and REBOOT again, but doing so, the apad starts up with the old firmware.
Please, Help Me!

Thanks

Giraffa338

el_pulpo

Apr 28, 2011
How do I know which screen size I have?
Mine is a "Flytouch 3", one tf card, 512MB ram 8GB disk. But I can't find where the screen size is defined.
thanks

Last edited:

djinfrared

May 3, 2011
hi guys my tab is running 20110325.........it isnt listed here so do any of you reccommend an upgrade and if so how..as the system update doesnt work with error 301.....im quite new to this stuff so please be patient, also ive searched the forum on how to do this but it all seems so confusing so if sum1 cud point me in the right direction i wud be very grateful

andrez

May 4, 2011
Hi to every one.I just flashed my tablet pc FT3 512mb,8g with the latest hybridrom version .it did well and it seems to work flawless.thank you all specially Chandos.
one question how do activate my usb 3g modem Huewei E122?please help.

jakxxx

Apr 21, 2011
Hey guys and gals, Can someone help me sort this out. I really like the feel of the tim and thechillhacker releases but I cannot get the market to work with my 16GB internal card. Every time I try and install an app from the Android Market I get "Sorry, You don not have enough space." My Pad shows 10.51 gig free but under settings it shows 3.34 gig free. Can someone explain to me how to fix this issue. I am pretty new to tablet scene.

Thanks

nonospel

May 8, 2011
Hi,

I have a SuperPad II
Model numer: SAWEE Pad
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1 v2.2:#3245
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
(I removed the information from the device)

What could I do upgrade to get the menu translated into Portuguese?

Thanks

hlt4668

May 6, 2011
Hi,

I have a SuperPad II
Model numer: SAWEE Pad
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1 v2.2:#3245
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
(I removed the information from the device)

What could I do upgrade to get the menu translated into Portuguese?

Thanks

nonospel:

nao tenho experienca com android 2.1, este forum e pra o "flytouch 2 variant 2" que tem android 2.2. no android 2.2, eu vou menu>settings>language & keyboard>select language. daqui posso escolher a lengua que prefeira. boa sorte.

hlt4668

May 6, 2011
running 20110501 here on my "superpad iii". quite stable, no big issues not already documented. Many thanks to Chandos for his maintenance of this board and vast wisdom.

One issue, I am using the app "Advanced Task Manager" to view/switch/end tasks, I always notice lots of apps starting by themselves, like 'clock', 'movie player', 'marketplace', 'settings' among others. 'gmail' running by itself i can understand because im sure its checking for new mail, but the others? also, multiple programs running on startup, like 'droidssh', 'superuser', maybe a few others. is it necessary that these run? what are they doing? is there a method to manipulate starting programs other than changing settings within the program itself? thanks in advance for any info.