FIRMWARE RELEASES: firmware files, benefits and bugs for the Flytouch2 v2 /Superpad 2

Bontudive

May 4, 2011
Hi there Im a noob and have a few questions about upgrading the firmware. I have found that Tim has released his latest upgrade which is Tims Rom 3d and it fixes the following which Ill post after my question, The question is when upgrading the firmware to Tims 3d is it necesarry to upgrade the versions before in order to get some features frhe om his other releases or will the latest 3d rom cover all the other roms fixes as well. I wait in aticipation for a reply as my tablet should be here tomorrow and would like to tweak it. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Index of /Android/Flytouch3/Tim-V3 *updated Version 3d*
ChangeLog

With that rom you should get:
- fix for the wrong colors in browser & most apps (correct color for default browser, screen capture app...)
- increased sound volume
- ad-hoc wifi networks (see tip below)
- Market 2.2.11 (see tip below)
- Launcher pro home screen
- Youtube 1.6.21 working great, fullscreen HD (use opera mini or Maxthon web browsers for auto switching to the app in youtube)
- working GPS with google maps & co (see tip below)
- 3G stick support (see tip below)
- HDMI output (see tip below)
- Titanium backup
- ssh daemon (Droidsshd)
- Quickpic (fast gallery)
- updated framework & libs
- busybox 1.16.0
- Dalvik cache
- root access
- bash & a few other commands
- GScripts helpers
- Misc tweaks and cleanups

nonospel

May 8, 2011
nonospel:

nao tenho experienca com android 2.1, este forum e pra o "flytouch 2 variant 2" que tem android 2.2. no android 2.2, eu vou menu>settings>language & keyboard>select language. daqui posso escolher a lengua que prefeira. boa sorte.

O maior problema que tenho é que não vem nativo o português. Queria saber se teria como atualizar o S.O. para ter a opção de por em português

Quashi

May 9, 2011
Hi, I try to update my SuperPad II (512mb) with 20110501 (CUSTOM ROM: Tim: Release 3b. Based off the 20110430 and 20110419 TCH ROM and 0408 (Dutch ROM)) using Firmware update method for SuperPAD II but my pad do not boot from SD card. It starts as usual. Any ideas?

Spec of my pad:
Model number: disco
Android version: 2.2-2011.03.16
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9, cao@cao-desktop #19
Build Number: FRF85B

hlt4668

May 6, 2011
Hi, I try to update my SuperPad II (512mb) with 20110501 (CUSTOM ROM: Tim: Release 3b. Based off the 20110430 and 20110419 TCH ROM and 0408 (Dutch ROM)) using Firmware update method for SuperPAD II but my pad do not boot from SD card. It starts as usual. Any ideas?

Spec of my pad:
Model number: disco
Android version: 2.2-2011.03.16
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9, cao@cao-desktop #19
Build Number: FRF85B

What size microsd card are you using? someone mentioned earlier that they were using a 16gb card and switching to a 1gb card did the trick. the issue may not necessarily be with the capacity, if you have another microsd card of any kind give it a try.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Can anyone explain how to enable USB debugging , I am running Tims 3a which is A1. I can not find settings/applications/development
thanks
You need to use launcher pro or ADW as your home launcher to do this.(launcher pro is already in tim rom, press home button and select it)
Once you have that, long press on the home screen desktop and select create shortcut. Pick 'activities', Pick 'Settings' , Pick 'Development' (This one is not alphabetical, keep going down the list till you find it)
Once done, open the shortcut and you will find USB debugging.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Hi Chandos,
please, I got this model (Specs), running Android 2.2 Kernel= 2.6.32.9 build=FRF85B.
Having troubles with 3G USB KEY DONGLE (HUAWEI E1692).
I Try to install firmware "20110501 (CUSTOM ROM: Tim: Release 3b. Based off the 20110430 and 20110419 TCH ROM and 0408 (Dutch ROM))" as indicated in your post putting firmware2 + firmware-discovery in the root of a bootable SDCARD formatted as FAT32.
Poweron the Apad, it says to remove SDCARD and REBOOT again, but doing so, the apad starts up with the old firmware.
Please, Help Me!
Thanks
Giraffa338
The specs you linked are a Flytouch 2v1 Superpad 1, not a F2v2. It says android 2.1, not 2.2... this firmware is not for that device.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Hey guys and gals, Can someone help me sort this out. I really like the feel of the tim and thechillhacker releases but I cannot get the market to work with my 16GB internal card. Every time I try and install an app from the Android Market I get "Sorry, You don not have enough space." My Pad shows 10.51 gig free but under settings it shows 3.34 gig free. Can someone explain to me how to fix this issue. I am pretty new to tablet scene.

Thanks
This is a bug with the market application. Neother factory/timr or TCH roms fix this yet as far as I know, they are waiting on a new version of market to resolve this. A workaround is to ensure no more than 2GB of FREE space on your internal SDcard fixes the issue. Thus fill up your card with videos or whatever until there is only 2GB free.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Hi there Im a noob and have a few questions about upgrading the firmware. I have found that Tim has released his latest upgrade which is Tims Rom 3d and it fixes the following which Ill post after my question, The question is when upgrading the firmware to Tims 3d is it necesarry to upgrade the versions before in order to get some features frhe om his other releases or will the latest 3d rom cover all the other roms fixes as well. I wait in aticipation for a reply as my tablet should be here tomorrow and would like to tweak it. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Tims ROMS are cumulative, thus 3d contains all the fixes of 3a,b,c. Note, some people including myself experience slow android market with tim 3b,c,d. Tim 3a is fastest for me. He is about to release tim 4.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
running 20110501 here on my "superpad iii". quite stable, no big issues not already documented. Many thanks to Chandos for his maintenance of this board and vast wisdom.

One issue, I am using the app "Advanced Task Manager" to view/switch/end tasks, I always notice lots of apps starting by themselves, like 'clock', 'movie player', 'marketplace', 'settings' among others. 'gmail' running by itself i can understand because im sure its checking for new mail, but the others? also, multiple programs running on startup, like 'droidssh', 'superuser', maybe a few others. is it necessary that these run? what are they doing? is there a method to manipulate starting programs other than changing settings within the program itself? thanks in advance for any info.
The best idea is to uninstall any application thats running in memory that you do not use.
You need to use a program with root access like 'root explorer' and browse to /system/app on your internal sdcard. Then rename any .apk to .old you do not want to load then reboot your pad.. Take care as some will cause issues if removed, so just do one or 2 at a time and see how your system reacts afterwards.
Other than that, I believe there are some aqndroid apps that continually monitor your running processes and kill of the unwanted ones, never bothered myself, better to just have running what you want running yes? I have removed gmail, mail, clock, weather app, telephony and a few others with good effect.

Quashi

May 9, 2011
What size microsd card are you using? someone mentioned earlier that they were using a 16gb card and switching to a 1gb card did the trick. the issue may not necessarily be with the capacity, if you have another microsd card of any kind give it a try.

I have used 2gb and 1gb card without effect :/

B0B

Apr 23, 2011

Actually i later found that the 16gb was defective to begin with so im not sre if it was that i switched to the smaller card or not but give it a try
good luck

Sent from my Flytouch3 using Android Tablet Forum App

hlt4668

May 6, 2011
just installed 0508.
-seems initially a little snappier
-market still abysmally slow
-opera still red & blue switched & flash not working
-still have problem to install angry birds from sd card (solution: copy to main memory and remove sdcard to install)

edit:
-louder
-pandora still crashing

Last edited:

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
just installed 0508.
-market still abysmally slow
I also get market slow downs. This firmware is best for me still for market issues, market is very fast in this one: 20110416 (CUSTOM ROM: Tim: Release 3a. Based off the 20110328 and 20110405 TCH ROM and 0408 (Dutch ROM))