FIRMWARE RELEASES: firmware files, benefits and bugs for the Flytouch2 v2 /Superpad 2

Joesgotmail

May 13, 2011
So I have a Flytouch 3, that is supposed to have the 8gb Nand flash.... So, when I look at the SD settings screen it will see any External card I have...in this case a 16gb card. Which works fine...holds music and pics great. But then it says I have 681mb available internal memory. Where's the 6gb that are supposed to be available after the system uses 2gb? I look in the file manager, and I don't see any internal space. I'm a tad confused...

I'm currently running a Tim firmware...for 576 from the middle of April. Much better than what came with it, but I'd like to run his latest release, but I have to deal with the 576 screen issue, so that's made it harder. You're supposed to be able to run a gscript fix for that, but I couldn't figure that out the last time I ran a 600 screen resolution Firmware.

Any help is appreciated!! Joel

mobilemonger

May 15, 2011
What size microsd card are you using? someone mentioned earlier that they were using a 16gb card and switching to a 1gb card did the trick. the issue may not necessarily be with the capacity, if you have another microsd card of any kind give it a try.

I have the exact same pad as you and have successfully upgraded with the 0508 ROM using a 2GB MicroSD card. I had a 16GB card as well that would not force an upgrade of firmware.

Last edited:

joelsgotmail

May 15, 2011
So, I've just run a system test to verify memory in my Flytouch 3... It seems to have 2gb memory with 666mb avail. and 372gb with ram with 200k more or less avail. That's probably liveable since there is no phone software or bluetooth running on this thing . It's supposed to have 8gb memory and 512 Ram. I bought it of alibaba.com Unless I'm reading it all wrong...it's obviously a clone or simply a fake. It does show the 576 graphics...so maybe this is a cheapie version of the Flytouch?....either way, I do believe...I've been had.... Too bad for me. I wrote the seller, but I don't expect much of a response. Just sucks....oh well. I'm gonna open it and see if I can put in a 8gb micro card I have.

Joel

Last edited:

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
So, I've just run a system test to verify memory in my Flytouch 3... It seems to have 2gb memory with 666mb avail. and 372gb with ram with 200k more or less avail. That's probably liveable since there is no phone software or bluetooth running on this thing . It's supposed to have 8gb memory and 512 Ram. I bought it of alibaba.com Unless I'm reading it all wrong...it's obviously a clone or simply a fake. It does show the 576 graphics...so maybe this is a cheapie version of the Flytouch?....either way, I do believe...I've been had.... Too bad for me. I wrote the seller, but I don't expect much of a response. Just sucks....oh well. I'm gonna open it and see if I can put in a 8gb micro card I have.

Joel
Depends which ROM u are using. There is still a market bug for all roms that causes market not to work if there is more than 2GB of free space on the internal SD. The way to get around this has been to make the internal partition small. This is most likely what is happened for you. Waiting on new ROM or market update to resolve this issue. Hold tight its on the radar.

a7mad_2007

May 17, 2011
please can you add Huawei1750c to the driver list?
i need to run 3G at superpad tabletpc and i have Huawei1750c model.

thx before

mobilemonger

May 15, 2011
20110518 (CUSTOM ROM: Tim: Release 4c. Based off the 20110503 firmware)
Link: http://public.timduru.org/Android/Flytouch3/Tim-V4/20110518_Tim4c.ziphttp://public.timduru.org/Android/Flytouch3/Tim-V4/20110516_Tim4a.zip
Tested by: Chandos
Fixes: http://public.timduru.org/Android/Flytouch3/ChangeLog.txt (Same as version 3,4a&b plus)
- Issues of Apps installing to /local instead of sdcard
- based on 20110503 firmware
- Speed improvements
- Most Huawei 3G sticks support
- Flash support for full screen videos
(still requires a lot of cpu to work, but should work better and fullscreen for most videos,
make sure you don't have other cpu eating apps running at the same time or it tends to be unstable)
- fixed installation failed error -18 requiring to remove SD card for certain applications (Angry birds...)
- backported 16GB tablet format partition fix for Market (refusing to install)
- added tun.ko kernel module for certain VPNs
- media scanning Off by default (use Gscript to activate it back, or use QuickPic for Pics and video browsing, and ccplayer for music, faster ! )
- internal SD card free space is now at /mnt/sdcard and external SD1 is at /mnt/sdcard/sdcard1
- ask before doing media scanning on SD card insertion
- updated to latest gmail app
- updated youtube app to 2.1.6
- updated titanium app
- added Gscript to activate/deactivate calendar and contact sync (On by default)
- Better Keyboard 8 as default
- Dolphin browser HD
- added init.d structure call at boot time
- updated framework and libs
- updated QuickPic
- Turned ethernet off and wifi on by default
- added cpunotify
Issues:
Unknown as yet.

I have to say this is one of the best so far! Working excellently so far since installing. Market is wickedly fast now (as well as downloads). Only drawback so far, facebook appears to be missing from Market again. Any tips on that?

Bontudive

May 4, 2011
Thanks for the reply chandos, with regards to tims 4a rom the other day i downloaded it placed it on a sd card as ussual an flashed the update as you are supposed to and i booted it up but seeing as it was booting up as normal how do i know it upgraded below you have my latest specs after the supposed upgrade,

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Android Tablet Forum

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1305736725375.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1305736725375.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 594

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
awesome work u did,
it is possible to use ZTE MF110 3g stick? Hungarian Vodafone stick
thank you
please can you add Huawei1750c to the driver list?
i need to run 3G at superpad tabletpc and i have Huawei1750c model.
thx before
Sorry, I am not the creator of these ROM's
As far as I know there is only support for a couple of Huawei USB modems. I think 1750 is already one of them, not sure though. You need to check on apad dot tv website.
the update went well i still with problems on the GPS it still says i am in shangay...
GPS
If your gps is stuck in Shangai or not updating,
you need to reset the agps data with the gps status software
in the menu => tool => Manage A-GPS state
do reset + download

Plug in your gps antenna, and let it run until you see it gets as many fix as it can,
wait even more until you see the latitude and longitude changing. (it should reset when it grabs 3-4+ fixes)
At that point you can run google maps and it should now have your correct location
I have to say this is one of the best so far! Working excellently so far since installing. Market is wickedly fast now (as well as downloads). Only drawback so far, facebook appears to be missing from Market again. Any tips on that?
Market
If you're still missing apps in Market do the following:

- Connect at least once with Market & your account.
- Then go to settings => Applications => Manage Applications => All
- find Google Services Framework from the app list
- click on clear data + OK, then force stop

Reboot.
wait about 1 minute after you're back in.
Start Market again. (if it crashes, wait a bit and try again, it should go through
wink.png
)

Then you should see more apps after that, like google maps, Skype & such..
smile.png

Thanks for the reply chandos, with regards to tims 4a rom the other day i downloaded it placed it on a sd card as ussual an flashed the update as you are supposed to and i booted it up but seeing as it was booting up as normal how do i know it upgraded below you have my latest specs after the supposed upgrade,

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Android Tablet Forum
Android version should change to 2.2-20110503 for Tim's latest rom's.
Most common issue with flashing is the sdcard, try another sdcard. ensure formatted fat32 and only put the two firmware files on it, nothing else.

SiRiuM

May 11, 2011
were do i find the tool's

GPS
If your gps is stuck in Shangai or not updating,
you need to reset the agps data with the gps status software
in the menu => tool => Manage A-GPS state
do reset + download

Plug in your gps antenna, and let it run until you see it gets as many fix as it can,
wait even more until you see the latitude and longitude changing. (it should reset when it grabs 3-4+ fixes)
At that point you can run google maps and it should now have your correct location

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Used to be included in tims roms, not in 4 for some reason. Download from Market "GPS Status & Toolbox"

UPDATE: This tool is now available again in Tims 4dv2 ROM

Last edited:

hotelsinus

May 17, 2011
youtube is freeze! select a video, play, then rotate screen the rotate back, and blank screen and the tablet is freeze!!!