FIRMWARE RELEASES: firmware files, benefits and bugs for the Flytouch2 v2 /Superpad 2

Bontudive

May 4, 2011
Sorry, I am not the creator of these ROM's
As far as I know there is only support for a couple of Huawei USB modems. I think 1750 is already one of them, not sure though. You need to check on apad dot tv website.

GPS
If your gps is stuck in Shangai or not updating,
you need to reset the agps data with the gps status software
in the menu => tool => Manage A-GPS state
do reset + download

Plug in your gps antenna, and let it run until you see it gets as many fix as it can,
wait even more until you see the latitude and longitude changing. (it should reset when it grabs 3-4+ fixes)
At that point you can run google maps and it should now have your correct location

Market
If you're still missing apps in Market do the following:

- Connect at least once with Market & your account.
- Then go to settings => Applications => Manage Applications => All
- find Google Services Framework from the app list
- click on clear data + OK, then force stop

Reboot.
wait about 1 minute after you're back in.
Start Market again. (if it crashes, wait a bit and try again, it should go through
wink.png
)

Then you should see more apps after that, like google maps, Skype & such..
smile.png

Android version should change to 2.2-20110503 for Tim's latest rom's.
Most common issue with flashing is the sdcard, try another sdcard. ensure formatted fat32 and only put the two firmware files on it, nothing else.

Tried a different card and worked fine, got 4c running and it seems a lot faster, like the new standby slide open button really cool, market working really fast. As im getting the hang of this hacking thing whats the low down on changing this tablet to android honeycomb is it possible or am entering deep water here?

SiRiuM

May 11, 2011
Used to be included in tims roms, not in 4 for some reason. Download from Market "GPS Status & Toolbox"
i allready download the GPS status and reset the a-gps and download the agps but it sill no fix, it find's 12 satatllites but it says i am in shangay

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
i allready download the GPS status and reset the a-gps and download the agps but it sill no fix, it find's 12 satatllites but it says i am in shangay

I've seen comments on a few other eople with GPS issues in Tim 4 ROM's. You may have to drop back to Tim3 (I reccomend Tim 3a) until it gets sorted.

SiRiuM

May 11, 2011
I've seen comments on a few other eople with GPS issues in Tim 4 ROM's. You may have to drop back to Tim3 (I reccomend Tim 3a) until it gets sorted.

After the instalation is finish it star's well, it find's a few satelities but after a few second's it frezzes and it start to find a lot os satalites but none of them work's or fix, i try the a-gps reset but no luck with that and if it is the gps turn on for a wile it will be on forever because it is impossible to turn off...

Sorry for my english

I will try the 3a and will report back

hotelsinus

May 17, 2011
this is not working at all
"GPS
If your gps is stuck in Shangai or not updating,
you need to reset the agps data with the gps status software
in the menu => tool => Manage A-GPS state
do reset + download
Plug in your gps antenna, and let it run until you see it gets as many fix as it can,
wait even more until you see the latitude and longitude changing. (it should reset when it grabs 3-4+ fixes)
At that point you can run google maps and it should now have your correct location "

i try im walk with the tablet 1,5hours with the gps status is run, and reset in random times, but nothing happens... 4 tablet ive tested- superpad 3

SiRiuM

May 11, 2011
same happens to me no gps working , at the start it find's a few satelites but in a few second's all desapear and after that it just find satelites in O it find's 12 satelites and no fix

Bontudive

May 4, 2011
Just to let everyone know i tried playing a you tube video through the dolphin browser and it does not work but the youtube app works fine, does anyone know if flash is included in tims latest rom (4c) as i cant see it on the app list.

Iv@ncho

May 20, 2011
Dear Freinds,
I got my Super Pad with this information:
Firmaware: 2.1 -update1 V1.8:#2752
Base Band Unknowed
Kernel 2.6.32.9 infotm-sqa@infotm-sqa-desktop #48
Compilation: wwe10-eng 2.1 -update1 ERE27 eng.infotm-sqa.20101224.184001 test-keys
Modelo SAWEE PAD

I want to upgrade but it is impossible till now. I followed the instruction in this post and nothing happens. Can you help me to upgrade to 20110518 (CUSTOM ROM: Tim: Release 4c. Based off the 20110503 firmware)
Please Help me!!!

B0B

Apr 23, 2011
Tims new Tom works great I got flash working but I occasionally get screen flashes every so often like split second stuff, I haven't tried the GPS as of yet. Good work, anyway you can help include kernels for usb gamepads or USB Bluetooth controller?

Sent from my DISCO10 using Android Tablet Forum App

SiRiuM

May 11, 2011
till now none of the softwares put the GPs working , all of the the gps start to find the satalites but after a few second's all of them desapear

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Dear Freinds,
I got my Super Pad with this information:
Firmaware: 2.1 -update1 V1.8:#2752
Base Band Unknowed
Kernel 2.6.32.9 infotm-sqa@infotm-sqa-desktop #48
Compilation: wwe10-eng 2.1 -update1 ERE27 eng.infotm-sqa.20101224.184001 test-keys
Modelo SAWEE PAD

I want to upgrade but it is impossible till now. I followed the instruction in this post and nothing happens. Can you help me to upgrade to 20110518 (CUSTOM ROM: Tim: Release 4c. Based off the 20110503 firmware)
Please Help me!!!
From this information it sounds like you have a Flytouch2 v1. This firmware is for the Flytouch2 v2. You must search for firmware in the relevant forum for your device.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
till now none of the softwares put the GPs working , all of the the gps start to find the satalites but after a few second's all of them desapear
GPS on my device worked out of the box without resetting gps state. This was last tested by me in Tim 2x ROM's. used it to drive to work just fine. You are using the external antenna right? I noted the GPS reception not the best, had to put antenna right up under the windscreen. Make sure you do the resetting outdoors and do not move around. If all else fails, maybe try an older ROM.

Last edited:

joelsgotmail

May 15, 2011
I've tried my SuperPad III's GPS, but the software has fought me. I've tried to clear out the GPS info as described somewhere, but haven't been successful. I kind of give up. I've decided to sell the pad and wait for a good Honeycomb Tablet later in the year. This is a great forum though and have enjoyed playin with Tim's new Roms.

Oh well, time for ebay.

Joel

adinindu

May 23, 2011
I just received my Tablet. It was supposed to be flytouch 3/Superpad 2 however the box says SUPERPAD 3 and am having various problems with this device. I hope you guys can help me out.

1. I couldn't get the battery for more than 85%. I charged the tablet until charging LED(RED) went off and turned on, but battery level always starts with 85%
2. Cannot download apps, games from market. always getting the "DOWNLOAD ERROR". Tried via WIFI, LAN.
3. Manually installed some 3D games, not a single one worked.
4. Installed some normal(i guess 2D-like Flight control..etc) games, worked but couldn't close any. had to turn off the device to close the apps.

The only thing i am happy about is the video playing.
it can play 720p, 1080p MKV and AVI smoothly for more than 4hrs.

Specs :

* Model No : SAWEE10
* Android Version : Android2.2_20110430
* Baseband Version : Unknown
* Kernal Version : 2.6.32.9 : semitime@semitime-server#2
* Build No : FRF85B
* Memory : 4GB
* Charging LED : RED
* Output : 1xHDMI, 1xTF, 1x3.5mm Audio, 2x USB

Is there any new firmware to resolve this issues? i've seen firmware to the version called disco.