FIRMWARE RELEASES: firmware files, benefits and bugs for the Flytouch2 v2 /Superpad 2

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Tims upcoming 4e ROM will address some GPS issues that were present in his 4a-d:
upcoming 2011XXXX-Tim4e:
- added apn telephony db (should allow to save apns)
- change kernel to 3d (should fix battery stats issue)
- added back talk app + g* misc apk
- declare system hw gps capability back
- added bluetooth drivers + Gscript to load drivers
- move back internal SD to /local

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
I just received my Tablet. It was supposed to be flytouch 3/Superpad 2 however the box says SUPERPAD 3 and am having various problems with this device. I hope you guys can help me out.

1. I couldn't get the battery for more than 85%. I charged the tablet until charging LED(RED) went off and turned on, but battery level always starts with 85%
2. Cannot download apps, games from market. always getting the "DOWNLOAD ERROR". Tried via WIFI, LAN.
3. Manually installed some 3D games, not a single one worked.
4. Installed some normal(i guess 2D-like Flight control..etc) games, worked but couldn't close any. had to turn off the device to close the apps.

The only thing i am happy about is the video playing.
it can play 720p, 1080p MKV and AVI smoothly for more than 4hrs.

Specs :

* Model No : SAWEE10
* Android Version : Android2.2_20110430
* Baseband Version : Unknown
* Kernal Version : 2.6.32.9 : semitime@semitime-server#2
* Build No : FRF85B
* Memory : 4GB
* Charging LED : RED
* Output : 1xHDMI, 1xTF, 1x3.5mm Audio, 2x USB

Is there any new firmware to resolve this issues? i've seen firmware to the version called disco.

1) There is a method to reset the battery stats. I posted in another thread on this forum. I would not worry though, it is obviously just the battery stats are wrong, not that your device is not charging to full.
2) Maybe this is the market bug, If you have more than 2GB of free space on internal card, market has error. Fill up internal card until less than 2GB free.
3) Same for me, not likely too either, not enough power in CPU. No biggie, not really interested in a pad for gaming.
4) Use program like Task killer to stop them. This is normal android behaviour to leave the app running in the background, especially if you just use the home button to get out of the app and not do proper exit procedures like exit via menu's.

Cheers

-C-

Richardj

Mar 16, 2011
Bit confused here, so could someone help point me in the right direction.

I have a Flytouch 3 superpad 3/Flytouch 2 Variant2. It came in a box marked Superpad III. Model number says disco, so can I use Tim's custom rom:Release 4dv3 Just wondering because of what it says in Remember:

Ensure it is a Flytouch2 v2 / Superpad II that you actually have:
Most of us have pad Model: Disco. These firmwares DO NOT WORK with Model: SAWEE10 (Commonly referred to as jpad and usually comes in a Superpad III Box) There is a totally different firmware set and method for updating the SAWEE clones.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Bit confused here, so could someone help point me in the right direction.

I have a Flytouch 3 superpad 3/Flytouch 2 Variant2. It came in a box marked Superpad III. Model number says disco, so can I use Tim's custom rom:Release 4dv3 Just wondering because of what it says in
If you have model disco, these ROM's should be fine. What does android version say?

Richardj

Mar 16, 2011
If you have model disco, these ROM's should be fine. What does android version say?

Hi Chandos, this is what it says in about device:
Model Number:.....disco
Android Version:...Android 2.2-20110316
Basband:.............Unknown
Kernel Version:.....2.6.32.0 cao@cao-desktop#19
Build number:.......FRF85B

would this be the one I need 20110521 (CUSTOM ROM: Tim: Release 4dv3. Based off the 20110503 firmware) if it is, has the GPS bee sorted out? Does it by any chance fix the problem with the volume being so low that you can hardly hear anything

Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Richardj

Mar 16, 2011
Yep, that should be fine RichardJ, It is now Tim4e (Link updated in first post) i recommend you try this one instead of 4dv3.
Cheers

Thanks Chandos, Just downloading Tim4e now. To install it, Format a sd card in FAT32, put Tim4e onto sd card, boot tablet with card in and it will install, is this right?

Thanks for your help Chandos, much appreciated.

Have just installed Tim4e and it has certainly made a difference, but unfortunately not much difference to the audio volume. I noticed that you mentioned TCH, does this rom have better audio volume? and where can I find it, it doesn't appear to be in the list of firmwares, well it might have been, I just can't see for looking.

Tims rom has made my tab more responsive, smoother it just seems a hole lot better than before.

Last edited:

blazebry

Jun 1, 2011
Hey Chandos

First off thank you so much for the updated firmware, or at least finding it, if you are not part of the tim development team. Secondly is it possible to go thru the first post and only keep the firmwares that are truly beneficial for users, its a bit messy and confusing. Also has anyone found a solution for the parser error when trying to restore a backup with titanium? I cant seem to get it to restore anything. I have tried messing with usb debugging and obviously how the option to install non market apps. other than that this tablet might actually be in the running for a good device after some of these much needed updates.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Hey Chandos

First off thank you so much for the updated firmware, or at least finding it, if you are not part of the tim development team. Secondly is it possible to go thru the first post and only keep the firmwares that are truly beneficial for users, its a bit messy and confusing. Also has anyone found a solution for the parser error when trying to restore a backup with titanium? I cant seem to get it to restore anything. I have tried messing with usb debugging and obviously how the option to install non market apps. other than that this tablet might actually be in the running for a good device after some of these much needed updates.
I've tried to keep as many firmware available in first post purely so people have a choice. Eg: some people do not want custom ROM's, but want factory firmware, etc. But I will clean it up as much as I can *8). I have no issues with titanium backup on tim 4dv2, will try tim4e today. Previously I had issues with titanium backup and I deleted the /titaniumbackup folder and started again and all was well, so presume I had some corruption in my backup folder, perhaps you should try that? You can always take a copy of it before you start, or just rename the folder. I have -always- had to enable USB debugging for it to work properly.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Have just installed Tim4e and it has certainly made a difference, but unfortunately not much difference to the audio volume. I noticed that you mentioned TCH, does this rom have better audio volume? and where can I find it, it doesn't appear to be in the list of firmwares, well it might have been, I just can't see for looking.
Tims rom has made my tab more responsive, smoother it just seems a hole lot better than before.
Audio volume was much better for me when I first updated (I was iniitally on factory 0316). TCH uses same volume fix I believe, but you can give it a go. The speakers in our device just arent that good, I have read forums of people replacing the internal speakers with good effect, but that is a lot of work. Probably best just to get some small external speakers if its an issue for you? I dont think the output will get any louder than Tim or TCH have made it go now.
TCH (thechillhacker) Rom is listed in first page:
20110419 (CUSTOM ROM: thechillhacker, Based Off his 0413 ROM)
Link: http://thechillhacker.com/media/19Apr2011.zip
Give it a go, its also pretty good, but he has not made as many improvements as Tim IMHO.

blazebry

Jun 1, 2011
Thanks for the info. I really need to start learning more. I would love to unlock voltages in the kernel and undervolt this beast. I have a kernel on my epic 4g that lts me do this and my standby is like 4 days :). Hopefully if I get that good I can port gingerbread for the flytouch, wouldn't that be nice.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Tablet Forum

Richardj

Mar 16, 2011
Audio volume was much better for me when I first updated (I was iniitally on factory 0316). TCH uses same volume fix I believe, but you can give it a go. The speakers in our device just arent that good, I have read forums of people replacing the internal speakers with good effect, but that is a lot of work. Probably best just to get some small external speakers if its an issue for you? I dont think the output will get any louder than Tim or TCH have made it go now.
TCH (thechillhacker) Rom is listed in first page:
20110419 (CUSTOM ROM: thechillhacker, Based Off his 0413 ROM)
Link: http://thechillhacker.com/media/19Apr2011.zip
Give it a go, its also pretty good, but he has not made as many improvements as Tim IMHO.

Thanks again Chandos. It's shame about the speakers and the volume, don't think I'll be going to those lengths to get higher sound levels. The one thing Tims rom has sorted out is the charging LED, when the device was off and it was on charge the green LED was on all the time, so you never knew if it was fully charged or not, but now the LED goes off when fully charged so that's good.
Is it safe to remove some of the apps that Tims rom has, there are some that I probably wont use or need?

The market is still only showing free apps, have already done the clear cache and force close on the google services framwork, powered off and waited for a minuet or so and then powered on again but still only free apps. Any ideas?

Have just downloaded TCH rom, might give it ago later on, it is so easy to flash the new firmware compared to my Samsung Galaxy S and that's not that difficult to do either. Gotta love Android

Thanks Chandos

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Thinking about getting a superpad2 soon and develop my own firmware for it. Wish the superpad had this much firmware support.

Sent from my LG Ally/Velocity 1.1, Ra Recovery

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Thinking about getting a superpad2 soon and develop my own firmware for it. Wish the superpad had this much firmware support.

Me too for both of what you said. I am going to try to find the IUW editor on the internet.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
I've seen them now for $150 US, I paid $180 in March. Go for it *8). Just make sure you get one with Model: Disco