Firmware Updates, Patches, USB Drivers 32/64-bit

bigrich424

Aug 8, 2010
Live chat support on the Augenus site just told me the patch will be out no later that 6pm est..... guess we will see....

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Let them work it out first. I rather have it worked out and tested in a model office lab, then they need to hire some UAT = User Acceptance Testers. Big companies do it. If something doesn't pass in the software or hardware won't be release to users.Then it has go back to the developers for them to fix the issue This type of policy needs to be enforced again.

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I've updated the patch on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit!, Gone are all google apps in market except for the browser. Yahoo history, I have to get that back along with google maps, gmail (not in high demand though) @ mail works and still shows gmail so that's okay. Fring icon was installed. New clock I see with volume control. Task bar has volume, house for the home
I have to redo UI changes.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
I've updated the patch on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit!, Gone are all google apps in market except for the browser. Yahoo history, I have to get that back along with google maps, gmail (not in high demand though) @ mail works and still shows gmail so that's okay. Fring icon was installed. New clock I see with volume control. Task bar has volume, house for the home

Tipster... is this update worth it?...
I mean yeah you gain a little with the notification controls and all but..
Did you loose root in the process?..
If i'm not mistaken you have the custom clockwork recovery..
Did it overwrite that?

bigrich424

Aug 8, 2010

So I tried for like 3 hours to install the update last night but I can't even get my Win 7 to recognize the driver file. I tried the one packaged with the update and the windows 7 one that popped up on the augen us site a few days ago. I never get the window that is in the PDF instructions (maybe because those instructions were done on an xp machine...) but when I go to device manager and try to apply the driver to Android Eclair windows tells me that it is not a driver for this device.... any tips?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Under Core Mod post I have found a way to get 64-bit drivers on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to see GT78 so I can change the UI and thus change the UI using SDK Code Desktop Explorer connected by USB to the GT78. I am testing out. I was able to change the UI remove stubborn apps and install apps quicker.

Now since applying this Patch #2 Youtube app won't work. I had to get around that by installing Youtube HD.apk but it won't install with the Google Browser now because that too is acting up. I now have to use Dolphin Browser 2.0.5 and don't load Dolphin Browser HD it's slow it not only on this GT78 other devices report the same issue. I also use OI File Manager instead ES File Manager.