Firmware Updates, Patches, USB Drivers 32/64-bit

cpg716

Jul 23, 2010
Tipster... is this update worth it?...
I mean yeah you gain a little with the notification controls and all but..
Did you loose root in the process?..
If i'm not mistaken you have the custom clockwork recovery..
Did it overwrite that?

Just use this update :

http://randomtechinfo.com/augen/gentouch78patchv3-Lincs.zip

Linc has put clockwork mod in it already.. Then use clockwork to install his update:

http://randomtechinfo.com/augen/bootimg-su-googleapps-hosts-pirate.update3.zip

This will fix cache issue, give you root, put all google apps back etc.

CPG

bigrich424

Aug 8, 2010
OK so I am still unable to load the new patch..... I can't even get windows to recognize a driver for Android Eclair so I can have an interface.... I am using a windows 7 ultimate and it is just not working. The screen calibrate worked fine under windows xp..... but still can't get this thing rocking with the win 7 drivers..... Is there a tutorial? I must be doing something wrong. This is the first work I have done with the android system..... but I have done other things so I'm not a complete noob.... This one is kicking my butt so any help world be great...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Just use this update :

Linc has put clockwork mod in it already.. Then use clockwork to install his update:

CPG

I've read that last night I might give it a try since I got the Flytouch now rooted. Makes since to give the Gentouch the same boost plus fix some issues I had with the AuGen ROM 8/21/10.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
OK so I am still unable to load the new patch..... I can't even get windows to recognize a driver for Android Eclair so I can have an interface.... I am using a windows 7 ultimate and it is just not working. The screen calibrate worked fine under windows xp..... but still can't get this thing rocking with the win 7 drivers..... Is there a tutorial? I must be doing something wrong. This is the first work I have done with the android system..... but I have done other things so I'm not a complete noob.... This one is kicking my butt so any help world be great...

Go and get PdaNetA242x64 for Windows 7 64-bit. Use google to search for it. This will fix your issue.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Just use this update :

CPG

So lets get this right?

1. ROM Flash the unit with http://randomtechinfo.com/augen/gent...chv3-Lincs.zip
2. ROM Flash again the unit with http://randomtechinfo.com/augen/gent...chv3-Lincs.zip

bigrich424

Aug 8, 2010
Go and get PdaNetA242x64 for Windows 7 64-bit. Use google to search for it. This will fix your issue.

I use PDA net for my blackberry..... how will that help me install drivers for Android Eclair? all the other drivers install fine..... I can see the drive and everything.... just not the primary interface driver. I try running the patch (from the os folder) and it does not work. Nothing happens......

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I found out that the drivers it uses in Windows 7 64-bit will support this device. It's up to you if you want to give it a shot? I was like you with the same issue with 64-bit. That issue is solved. Pdanet doesn't have to be loaded to use the driver though. There are others like us who have the same issue. Not everyone going to have this issue. But I would say give it a try, can't hurt to try. Good luck on your decision.

bigrich424

Aug 8, 2010
I found out that the drivers it uses in Windows 7 64-bit will support this device. It's up to you if you want to give it a shot? I was like you with the same issue with 64-bit. That issue is solved. Pdanet doesn't have to be loaded to use the driver though. There are others like us who have the same issue. Not everyone going to have this issue. But I would say give it a try, can't hurt to try. Good luck on your decision.

OK I guess I am not being clear..... I did try the PDAnet with no success..... What I want to know is how did you solve the issue? You say it is solved but I can't find details on how it was solved anywhere.....

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
OK I guess I am not being clear..... I did try the PDAnet with no success..... What I want to know is how did you solve the issue? You say it is solved but I can't find details on how it was solved anywhere.....

Oh! That's all I am running right now. You might want to try to load the driver under the admin account on your Windows 7 account instead of your normal account your using. But if both accounts are the same. Then you have issue. You could uninstall the USB controller drivers and re-install the 64-bit drivers and see if that solves your issue. Sounds like something happen with you first made the attempt to install the 64-bit drivers when you did that Rooted deal. You have two choices, either blow out the OS or keep on try to see what the issue is. Do you run any registry repair/cleaners on the 7 OS?

tdraghi

Aug 23, 2010

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Follow these steps but when you get to step #2 it tricky

STEP 1
-Download the zip file: gentouch78patchv3-Lincs.zip
These are the files you will use IN PLACE of Augen's gentouch78patchv3.zip files. This patch includes AUGEN's update in addition to ClockWork Recovery. FOLLOW Augen's instructions (PDF document), using the files contained in this zip
You may view your device to see the enhancements made by Augen's 8/19/2010 software patch before you continue to STEP 2. You may notice missing or non working Google Apps. Step 2 will restore the Google applications.

STEP 2 - Home Key must be pressed in to start the Clockwork Recovery [Home] [Search] [Memory] to scroll around in Clockwork screen
-Download bootimg-su-googleapps-hosts-pirate.update3.zip. Copy this zip to the SDcard. No need to rename this file as it can be installed AS IS.
-Power down the device
-Boot into Clockwork Recovery (holding down the HOME button while powering up the device)
-Select install zip from sdcard
-Select choose zip from sdcard (it may take a min or so for clockwork to mount your sdcard so if it says no sdcard present just wait and try again)
-Select the zip file you want to flash.
-Once completed reboot
-Enjoy the new features!

Note this comes from the author, I am not the author of these files.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I recommend those who have ventured into the unknown from AuGen Gentouch78 ROM patch #2 on 8/21/10 and then found out oh my goodness what the heck did they do? So if you found yourself into that situation then:

Start from post #46 & #56 .

tdraghi

Aug 23, 2010
do you have to root it before step one? because i see the updates from step one (info bar) but cannot get into recovery mode....

well i got it working.

I was dealing with a virgin tablet, when i applied the update in step one (gentouch78patchv3-Lincs), it updated my notification bar and gave me the android when booting but, i could not get into recovery mode after a reboot. it would just boot through and bring me back to desktop. i went to linc's page and downloaded '7800atpsoftware.zip' which looks like the 8/4 modified patch, then i could get into clockwork recovery, and run the pirate patch. Was this perhaps happening because i was jumping into the v3 patch without any of the previous ones?

now, would it benefit me to try running the v3 modified patch again? did the 8/4 system update i ran second overide any benefits of the 8/21 update i ran first?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Sounds complex doesn't it. I ran the AuGen patch first then these two you have mentioned. The second one you place the zip into the root of sdcard power off and power on pressing the house(home key) at the same time. Clock Recovery starts up. Much easy process this way. Next updates should be a piece of cake!

tdraghi

Aug 23, 2010
now, would it benefit me to try running the v3 modified patch again? did the 8/4 system update i ran second overide any benefits of the 8/21 update i ran first?

well to answer my own question, i did lose the functionality of the last update, so i went and ran the v3 modded update again, (same file as before) and now i can get into the recovery. has anybdy else had problems going right to the modded v3 update on a virgin tablet?